• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Character naming...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
When you name a character do you use your real name, favourite media character or just a random??

I usually use a random name I'll either reuse or borrow from characters of mine that never see the light of day (which are usually names I've made up). They're not supposed to be the characters they're named after by any means, but I just need a name to use, and I tend to mix them up periodically.

In less serious playthroughs, I may use memey names, though, which are more than likely to be based on characters in media or another source of my meme culture.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Depends on the game and also how many times I've played it before. If the character has a name already, I tend to go with that on my first run, but afterwards I might pick a name of my own.
If the character is unnamed to begin with (like Pokémon) I usually go with Vikze or VikzeLink. I rarely make up something else

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
If it's an avatar/customizable character kind of situation, I'll usually just use a name I like or something. If it's a situation like Zelda, where it's only the name that's up to the player, I'll use some variation on my username.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
When it's character customization I usually use the name athena, which is first off my favorite Greek goddess and second off my favorite name. But if I'm playing a game like breath of fire where you can just name the main dude I usually do link or zelda.

Fig

The Altruist
I usually use any Fig-variant name unless I'm trying to go for a specific character then I'll name them after characters from different media (usually if there's a custom avatar option like in Dark Souls/PSO2).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
These days I always use the names of OCs. If theres no character customization I'll just use Azure, but if there is customization, the name has to match the character I made. I used to do names of characters from shows I like, but not anymore. I also have never liked using my real name.

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
most of the time, a large amount of varied references to different pieces of media, i never used my own name

Ninja

Well well well
When it comes to custom characters, when it’s male I’ll usually use Van. Which is my late-fathers middle name. For females I’ll use Iya (wife’s nickname) or Mavis, my daughters. :)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I usually go with something I find lore appropriate. Additionally, I'm a sucker for my characters having surnames (which can make it very formal once they start referring to you directly by name). That being said, I have a special place for Link. While I used to keep his name to 'Link', I tend to stick with Lonk, Buttface, or Poopface. :eyes:

Sometimes I use the character's name and sometimes I will use my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom