• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Character names that annoy you

The character doesnt have to be annoying, the character could be a well written one, but saddled with a stupid name.

There are a few characters with names that annoy me so much that its very hard to look beyond them.

Example; Aqua from Kingdom Hearts.

Aqua, because her hair is blue? She might also spend a lot of time in the water, i dont know, but calling her Aqua is almost as bad as juat calling her Water, honestly.
Azura from Fire Emblem is much better, but its still annoying and i dont doubt they may have called her Aqua had KH Aqua not been a thing.

Are there any characters you know of with names that just plain suck or annoy you? List them here.

Last edited:

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Wedge and Biggs. I can never get those guys to leave me alone. Besides who wedges something big? Anywho the names have grown to irratate me as much as Ive made it a game to try to spot the biggs and wedge in a FF.

Noctis, Ignis, Gladiolus, Promoto
What kind of **** names are these? Don't even make sense. Square should have used better more sensibnle names for FF15..

Forgot about those jokers. God, yeah their name are terrible. Gladiolus is the least offensive but its still crap. But Prompto makes me picture a really ugly horse and Ignis sounds too much like Agnis so i picture the old lady from The Simpsons.

Noctis though, i could probably get on with it were people not shortening it to 'Noct'!

Noct is a ****ing horrible name.

Fronk the zora. Fronk is a stupid name.
Is that a piss take of Lonk (which in turn is a piss take of Link)?

a1a.jpg

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lonk

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Dragon Quest Monster: Joker. You;'re rival is named Solitaire. I'm sorry but all I think of is the card game. Not a person. I'm rivals with a card game!!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
This **** waffel

Seymour_Guado_Battle_Render.png

Seymour Guado

Seymour. Seymour?

agnes_skinner.png

And this is supposed to be the arch villain of our grand adventure featuring preteen prettybois who are literally too stupid to feed themselves and underage pron starlets with the cumulative IQ of roughly 3/5ths of a whole turnip between them, but come on! I mean, even if you can get past the way this clown dresses there's still the name, and "Guado" is supposed to be some sorta combination surname/honorary title. He's basically fantasy pope.

Last edited:

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
This is just a random NPC in Dark Cloud 2. The only way I know his name is by taking a pic of him. You see he stands in the corner in a lab you never have to go into. He does it to give his brain a rest. His name is .... Peckel. I .... I'm unsure if that is a real name or someone saw a bird peck while eating a pickle and thought "I'll combine these to make a name of Peckel." Then realized it was stupid and to shun the idea named an npc that and stuck it in a corner of shame.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I don't get angry about character names, but I'll admit I get a pretty good chuckle out of any name that sounds waaaay too try-hard.

Lookin' right at you, Edge Maverick (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) and Hot Coldman (Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker).

I don't get angry about character names, but I'll admit I get a pretty good chuckle out of any name that sounds waaaay too try-hard.

Lookin' right at you, Edge Maverick (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) and Hot Coldman (Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker).

So like Cloud Strife? (Waits for the fanboys to attack)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom