• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Character Expectations for Smash Bros. 4

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
Who do you expect to see in Smash Bros. 4? And who else has a good chance?

First off, we can expect around 35 characters, quoting Sakurai himself. To me, Smash Bros represents Nintendo's most popular series's characters fighting it out. Unfortunately, since it's developed in Japan, whatever's popular there seems to be the mold. This means we're more likely to see Meta Knight return then have a playable Ridley. In that sense, my list goes as following:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario; Link, Zelda/Sheik (smash could be turning into Hylia), Ghirahim; Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Zoroark; Pit/Dark Pit, Hades...

Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon (Smash Bros staple,) Mr. Game & Watch; Samus, maybe another character (depending on the next Metroid); Fox McCloud; Ness/Some new psychic character; Olimar (coinciding w/ the release of Pikmin 3); Kirby, Meta Knight, King DDD/ new kirby character; Marth and Ike.

As for my posibble list:

Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Mewtwo (the ULTIMATE pokemon,) SS Impa, Toon Link, Lucario, Zoroark, Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Dr. Mario, ROB, and some others (I'll update later.)

Guest(s)!!

Ezio, Solid Snake (or Big Boss,) Viewtiful Joe

Who do you think'll be in it?

Kirino

Tatakae
Get rid of: Lucario, Toon Link
Give new movesets to: Ganondorf, Wolf, Falco, Luigi
Add: Zoroark, Dark Samus, Demise, Hades

The twelve original characters who have exhibited perfect attendance thus far will return once more. Originally Ness was to be dropped from Melee but since Mother 3 had yet to be released in Japan, they decided to keep the original PK boy in the game.

The reason we won't see characters like Ridley or King K. Rool is because they would have to be radically scaled down in order to be feasible fighters. It'd be nice if clones were ditched too such as Falco and Wolf.

I'm liking Dracomajora's suggestions for the most part. Replace Lucario with Zoroark and Ganondorf with Demise. Also I wouldn't mind a return of Young Link since he was featured in Ocarina of Time 3D and the inclusion of more third party characters some from the Tekken universe.

The characters I would like to see are:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Marth, Krom, Roy (or Eliwood), Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Fox Mcloud, Falco Lombardi, Wolf O'donnell, leon Powalski, Pit, Magnus, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer (Snivy, Dewott, Emboar), Jigglypuff, Zoroark, Captain Falcon, Ness, Olimar, Mr. Game & Watch.

Hades is more of a Stage Hazard or a Assist Trophy then a Playable Character.

I don't particularly care about Third Party characters, (I kinda hope Third Party characters don't appear, but sadly theres no avoiding it :l) but if I had to pick, I'd welcome Jin Kazama purely for the fact that Namco Bandi are helping out in making Super Smash Bros 4.

Assist Trophies: Bowser Jr. (or Kooplings in the Clown Car), Vaati (Wind Mage forme), Metroid, Bandana Waddle dee, Slippy Toad, The Black Knight, Eggplant Wizard (or Hades), Samurai Goroh.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
For sure the original 12 will return no doubt. As for the other characters, it is possible that some could be switched out for others such as Ganondorf and Lucario.

I really do hope to see the following characters to join the fight:

-Original 12
-Peach, Bowser, Marth, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Zelda/Shiek, Ice Climbers, Falco
-Pokémon Trainer (Color scheme design plan. Different color= different hero trainer with different set of starters), Sonic, Meta Knight, Olimar, Ike, R.O.B., Wario, Pit

New Characters: Zoroark, Megaman, Shadow, Geno, Ghirahim, Magnus, Zero, Peppy Hare/Slippy Toad (Similar to Ice Climbers but the player can change during battle like Zelda/Shiek)

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Super Smash Bros. 4 thread? Yes, please. *Cracks Knuckles*

I think SSB4 will include a little more than 40 characters, with about 8 newcomers.

I would like all characters to return from Brawl, except for Lucario and Wolf. Lucario should be replaced by Zoroark, as many people do too. I, personally, have a grudge against Wolf, because of his useless inclusion. We already had two Starfox characters, and although they all play different from each other, a third one was completely unnecessary. They all have the same Final Smash, even. Now that's being creative. :dry: Wolf was the last playable character confirmed for Brawl, and the fact he has zero role in the Subspace Emissary reflects this.

By the way, Demise will not replace Ganondorf. Nobody can. One cannot replace a Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros. staple with a character with a flawed role in one game. It doesn't work like that. It can't happen. In terms of other playable Zelda characters, I am concerned in terms of the graphical style. It needs to be consistent. All the characters (plus a second, younger Link) should be the same graphical style. There can't be Ganondorf with his TP appearance, Link with his SS-look, Zelda with the OoT appearance. That would be terrible. Since Ganondorf can't be removed, what should happen regarding these character appearances?

This. Include several different models based on different games for a character. Have them changeable at the menu like colour schemes. This would please everybody, for they could choose their favourite model of that character. For instance, imagine a general Adult Link character with models from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Moves are the same between them, and it only changes their appearance and voice to the respective game. The same can be applied for Young and Toon Link, where they have the exact same minor differences from Adult Link, but have different models from one another. Some examples:

2ivmdub.png
t0hkas.png

2550383.png
es2sts.png

Designs can even come from games that aren’t released yet. When Brawl was announced at E3 2006, Twilight Princess wasn’t out, yet it featured Twilight Princess Link. Roy was playable in Melee despite his only game not being out yet. This means Zelda Wii-U Link may even be an option for SSB4. Heck, designs don’t even need to be from games. Melee Ganondorf was based on the Gamecube Tech Demo and Brawl Sheik was based on Twilight Princess concept art. Think of the possibilities!

[fanboyism]Also, I would LOVE Crash Bandicoot to be playable. He seems exactly like the type of character to appear in Super Smash Bros. Back in the PS1 days, he was extremely popular in Japan, where SSB4 happens to be developed. If more nostalgic characters are added, he's a prime candidate.
If only... [/fanboyism]

Last edited:
Include several different models based on different games for a character. Have them changeable at the menu like colour schemes. This would please everybody, for they could choose their favourite model of that character. For instance, imagine a general Adult Link character with models from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

The problem is, there will be re-colours for the models because that's what Super Smash Bros. has done all the time. If they were to do as you suggested, that means they would have the default model + 4/5 recoloured models, and because there will be 3 different models, you would end up with 12 or 15 models for one character slot. Not forgetting you would be doing this with Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf and Young Link, so your talking 70 to 75 models over 5 characters.

I don't think it's worth it to be honest, I think Nintendo should just at least reveal the art style of the new Zelda game and use the character designs from that instead of branching off different games. It would be the better choise and Nintendo could use that extra Carteridge/Disc space for new stages or even new characters.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The problem is, there will be re-colours for the models because that's what Super Smash Bros. has done all the time. If they were to do as you suggested, that means they would have the default model + 4/5 recoloured models, and because there will be 3 different models, you would end up with 12 or 15 models for one character slot. Not forgetting you would be doing this with Zelda, Ganondorf and Young Link, so your talking 48 to 60 models over 4 characters.

I don't think it will be worth it to be honest, I think Nintendo should just at least reveal the art style of the new Zelda game and use the character designs from that. It would be the better choice and it would save alot of Cartridge/Disc space.

It's not like this is a reason to not include it. Wario had twelve colours in Brawl over two costumes. We're talking about a change in colour for each model, which doesn't take up much Cartridge/Disc space at all. It's not like there will be dozen completely different models for each character.

As I said in my previous post, it is possible for SSB4 to feature Wii-U characters, or even Link's design in the Tech Demo, but if Ganondorf isn't starring in Zelda Wii-U, then that's a problem. What design would he use?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't really care as long as we see this guy right here:

429px-Ghirahim_Artwork.png
He's fast, he's strong, he's cunning, and he already has a moveset that could be easily translated into the Smash Bros. realm. Do it, Nintendo.

Last edited:
so many awesome characters could be included but we'll probably all be disappointed. I'm only gonna theorise that Klonoa for sure will be included.

But... i really want this guy in it =]

Fragile_farewell_ruins_of_the_moon_conceptart_N73X8.jpg

(The Merchant from Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon.)

I'd be happy with the main characters returning and such with some changes, not sure what changes tho :P however ( and i know it wont happen however if it did i would be soooooooooo happy) is if they made banjo-kazooie a character in it :P

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Lol. What if nintendo did decide to make a character for non specific action figure? And then after the new smash bros they make him his own game.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Get rid of: Lucario, Toon Link
Give new movesets to: Ganondorf, Wolf, Falco, Luigi
Add: Zoroark, Dark Samus, Demise, Hades
I disagree. Wolf had a unique ,move set, much more powerful etc. It would be nice for a bit more variety, but not entirely new move sets.
Demise> Ghirahim? I disagree, Ghirahim has a much better fighting style, if anything if Demise were in the game Ghirahim would replace Marth or Shiek.

Back to my ideas, I hope they add DLC for Smash Bros. new stages, new characters, etc. it would be a more unique experience and it would be extremely fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom