• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Character Design: The Goodest Goods

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Characters have always been designed so we can use their physical traits, colors, etc. To determine what we think of them and who they are as a character.
So what good guys have been designed to look the most like a good guy? What looks so good about them?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I like Luke Skywalker's character design from throughout the only three Star Wars movies in existence.

*ahem*

In Star Wars he's a wide eyed peppy innocent idealistic youth. Home schooled, ignorant of the troubles of the world at large. His plight is straight up good old fashioned rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guys, save the galaxy. And his simple attire reflects this. A simple stark white tunic.

In Empire Luke starts out carrying on with his rebellion. Everything's going swimmingly until a brush with death leads right into the empire wrecking the rebellion up and Luke toddles off to find Yoda. Separated by his friends who are being mercilessly pursued across the galaxy by the Empire, Luke remains stranded on a dank dismal planet while he is confronted with the dark secrets of the Force. Everything's starting to go down hill. It all culminates in Luke confronting the psycho cyborg responsible for torturing his best friend and turning him into cement, a dark long expired spoiler revelation and getting his hand chopped off.

Luke's attire throughout all of Empire is grey.

When next we see Luke in Jedi he's gone full emo. And can you blame the guy after all he's been through? Now his outfit is stark black, and he only briefly swaps it for some commando fatigues. Luke's demeanor is now quiet, reserved, and tense. Almost scary at times. Gone is all the youthful exuberance and giddiness of his white-clad self. After all his trials and tribulations Luke is now wise to the world and to the Force. He's grown. And his hard found wisdom is reflected in his tight, pitch black attire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom