• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Character atrocities

I was gonna limit this to just video games but there are so many characters in media that have been destroyed I figured I'd open it up.

So, be it a book, movie or video game; which characters in your opinion started out well but were wrecked by their continued media?

I dont mean characters who were bad to begin with like Bella or that lady in 50 Shades, but characters who were inspirational and important to their medium (like Samus) who were later wrecked by their continued media (like Samus).

Answers on a post card.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganondorf- They develop him over the course of three games. He is a man with his own motivations. Then BOOM Suckward Sword comes along and he is a reincarnated version of a black Akuma who wants power because he is a demon king and that is what demon kings do. And then BoTW takes that further making him just a force of nature with no character that can be beaten with sticks.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa - Disnich took em out back o' the woodshed and oft' em.

Literally the Entire Cast of MAss Effect except Thane who was mercifully scripted to die before he could become a victim of the unholy union between ea and biowaste The Ending like everyone else.

Lara Croft - Bad Ass totally self sufficient borderline sociopathic amazonian thrill seeker to whiny, timid, emotionally vulnerable, maladjusted, psuedo-academic skeptical inquirer and slip of a girl whose 90lb frame totally can't survive all those clumsy falls.

Literally Every Marvel Cis White Male Character Ever Drawn

Blockbuster Supes - Seriously, DC Goes to Hollywood, just wtf is this abomination you're trying to pass off as superman even supposed to be? I don't even like Superman and I'm irritated by whatever this insolent monstrosity is. Superman will never not be lame. Just stop trying to be edgy.

Ganondorf because of reasons repeatedly previously stated.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Darth Vader - The prequels, namely Attack of the Clones, where he starts hitting on Natalie Portman by using try-hard poetry.

Peter Parker - Spider-Man 3, when he dances in the club and says "now dig on this" before slowly pelvic thrusting.

Sheldon Cooper - He slowly becomes less like the clueless robot he started as and becomes more like a normal person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom