• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA IIII- Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Yiga did make a surprising amount of posts that looked like he was trying to figure things out day one. But the posts he did make don't really set well with me. In the first quote he says there's nothing to go off of and meta is a safe option. Then right after that he says it's better to use safer options than meta and we need to dig deeper into posts. With just two sentences he completely contradicts himself. He does it again in the next quote saying that meta is too safe (then how are you supposed to use safer options than meta?).

Also not too keen on the vote for an extension. It was day one which is usually slow and rarely has anything concrete to go off of. Plus we only get on extension in the game. Wasting it just to prolong rvs wouldn't have been a great move.

Literally just read those whole 2 qoutes fully.

Meta is a safe option: Why don't we not use it exhibit a b whatever

Followed by Let's use something safer (I kinda meant more concrete)

You're doing that thing where you don't read the thread again, aren't you?

Not sure why you're assuming the dead got a choice to come back.
Something storm said... Andyeah

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Alright so I'm going to try and read everything when I get home tonight. Tbh I forgot about day 2. Not because I don't want to play. I'm designing a dungeon

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Post Count
Darko:IIIIIIIIIIIII
Funnier:IIIIIIIII
Hero:IIIII
Doc:IIIII

Yiga:IIIII
Rubik:IIIIIII
Minish:III
Alfie:0
Lonk:II
~
Vote Count
Darko-4(Rubik,Doc,Funnier,Hero)
Not voting(Lonk, Yiga, Minish, Alfie, Darko)

Day Ends October 12th at Noon EST

funnier6

Courage~
I'll do it tomorrow. Looking at what I'm doing at work, I'll have lots of downtime, and I don't really feel up to it tonight. It's been a day. I don't really wanna think right now.
If I don't have at least a suspicion by tomorrow night, I'll throw a vote on myself. So there's a little push for me to actually do it.
It’s tomorrow night. Though threatening to vote yourself is about the least likely thing to help your case at all.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
It’s tomorrow night. Though threatening to vote yourself is about the least likely thing to help your case at all.
I haven't gone to bed yet :P
Work was not what I expected it to be today, but I'm finally home and sitting down and can do stuff. Though I doubt it'll give you guys much hope for me, hopefully I can give you guys something to consider.
See y'all in a bit

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So I'll just post things I find interesting. Not necessarily scummy - I'll do an overall wrap-up post later - but these caught my eye. Just Day One, about to start Day Two

Jokes in RVS stage are all the sudden scummy. Hmm. Everyone does it. Certain points cross the line, but I find that so far no one has
I really feel like Yig is playing too defensive right here. While I am wary of how quickly his initial wagon picked up, with how little info we had to start, I can see why it happened how it did.

Why do you have 3 votes on you?
This is a weird question to ask someone who had a bunch of RVS votes. Not a single person on his wagon had even attempted to hide the fact that those were jokes. What were you trying to get out of him here?

You.

I prefer a more Socratic approach, though. Why do you think I think you're scummy?
I'm not sure how much you were joking around Day One, but if these posts were serious, they are kinda weird. If they weren't I'll just ignore it, but they sound serious. This is pretty much asking Yig to build a case against itself, which is just... not good. At all. We have an entire amendment to our constitution about this and everything.

I don’t quite seem to be living up to that philosophy.
I stand by how he wasn't at this point, and I find it interesting that funnier turned to defend Rubik so quickly on Day Two, when the remained of Rubik's D1 didn't have much good interesting stuff in it, and most of his Day Two before funnier took sides was him blasting the guy who was trying to lead a wagon on him. I'm not sure where the turn came here. Would you mind enlightening me?

I'm not sure I agree with that. I probably post more than I expect other people to post in a game of mafia.
*smh* you were no better than I was Day Two, you're sure playing high and mighty here.

Couple reasons. It’s been a while and I haven’t gotten to exercise my debate muscles much. This is the first time I’ve been town in one of storm’s games so that means I get to be on the more fun side of the chaos. (Cause pretending you don’t know who’s town gets so dull after a while) I like my role, which is all I’ll say about that since softing isn’t allowed. It’s nice to be playing again.
Wait, so you posted all this about why you were psyched, and then turned a few posts later and asked me why I thought you were excited? Really? How did I not make this point when it was relevant?

Why Deku? Is it because YOU KNOW I’M TOWN? Are you anticipating blame? How do the words “actually low key kinda psyched” convey open excitement to you? Why aren’t you looking for anyone to lynch?

...I probably should go to sleep.

funnier7 said:
I was talking more in terms of quality than quantity. Cause taking the time to post that someone else isn’t doing all that much when neither you nor the entire game have done very much either is a bit hypocritical even though you are trying.
Just more stuff that makes me question where the turn came.

Almost purely meta, I would assume.

Yes, I would say that, since there has been about 0 things to go off of so far, throwing in meta is a safe option, I would like to say a few things:

1- I think it's best we use safer options than meta, including digging deeper into posts and such

2- In a game such as this, I believe we need some real solid footing before we make a bad decision.

With this, I conclude that we need an extension

Vote extension
I really don't like this pushing for an extension so early, especially after he learned we only had one. Day Ones are rarely very productive, why would you expect another 24 hours of day one would do much better?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Day Two posts to consider:

On a semi-side note, I'm interested/afraid to see how voting goes this day... Generally, mafia don't all vote the same person because whenwhen t lynchee flips town, it'll cast doubt on those who voted them. Since alignment isn't revealed upon death, they may not be afraid to all vote on the same person. Even if there's only two (there may be there, but I doubt it), that puts us at a serious voting disadvantage. They would be able to more easily vote someone off, and if someone already has two votes, they could reach majority without fear of being found out.
This is a good post. If he were scum, there's a very small chance he'd bring this up in the game thread. That's the kind of thing to save for a mafia chat. He's warning us of something that could be a problem later on nobody had mentioned, and it was too early in the day for scum to discuss it I think. This doesn't feel like a red herring.

Yeah, Storma's "dead" post wasn't really a thing about the game. I think he felt the need to say something to Storm, and in lieu of "That sucks, good luck town!" he posted a bit late to address what Storma had said. I doubt there was much more to it.

Rereading day one, not a lot really happened. Since no bus formed, there's not much to gather. And meta is difficult. Right now, I'd say I'm most suspicious of Rubik. He was pretty active day one, but hasn't said anything since.
At what point exactly did you switch from "Suspicious of Rubik" to "Deku was too fast to vote him"?

Vote: Deku

There's been essentially nothing meaningful said by anyone today. The fact that you've made a lot of posts today and still essentially said nothing meaningful until now stinks of scum trying to lay low by actively lurking. You've been posting mildly observational posts that don't really really add anything to the game or place pressure on other players and now you're safely attacking someone who someone else already threw mild suspicion at and seemed too inactive to fight back.
Quick gripe about this post I didn't mention earlier: seemed too inactive to fight back? Really? You were quite active the day before. If I wanted to go for inactive players, I could've easily pushed for Doc or Libk. But I didn't. I went for you, who had a decent number of posts and plenty of time to respond.

When haven't I spread a negative atmosphere upon learning that roleclaiming was restricted to any degree in a game, regardless of alignment?

I voted for funnier d1 to get a good read on the gamestate and how people would react and I suggested a lynch on yiga yesterday and I've voted for you today. The only proactive thing you've done this game is make an attack on what probably looked to you like an easy target at the time, which is suspicious.
Ah yes. Let's look back on that vote, shall we?
Vote: funnier

having a real job is probably going to be exhausting
Judging the gamestate... at like 24 hours into the game, in what was still clear RVS. Not only that, your vote looked just as RVS as literally everyone else's. Wish I'd actually read back like I should've back then, because then I could've called out this. Bah, so many posts like that this game. It's gonna annoy me all night.

All in all, I feel like you have the better argument, and I'd rather vote Rubik than Darko. If it was between voting Rubik and some inactive/unhelpful I'd have more difficulty thinking about it, but Darko seems to be doing the most to try and help.

Well, with the day ending in less than an hour and the votes tied, looks like the decision falls on shoulders.

Vote: Rubik
I always question people who break a tie with less than an hour to go. I don't feel too suspicious of him generally, but I promised I'd all out any posts that caught my interest.

So yeah, there's Day Two. Day three will be interesting to read :P

funnier6

Courage~
I stand by how he wasn't at this point, and I find it interesting that funnier turned to defend Rubik so quickly on Day Two, when the remained of Rubik's D1 didn't have much good interesting stuff in it, and most of his Day Two before funnier took sides was him blasting the guy who was trying to lead a wagon on him. I'm not sure where the turn came here. Would you mind enlightening me?
Why did you edit my quote? How many of my quotes did you edit? You know I already want to kill you so that is noooot helping. Also you idiot (excuse my French) I was dead day two and couldn’t defend dirt. Though you can bet I would have. How is it we’re in a less than 200 post game and you still keep missing relevant posts left and right?
Also idk if it’s just me but you really seem like town Rubik and I really want you to be town Rubik cause otherwise the tables have turned on me and have we ever even been town together before?
There never was any turning point, I always thought Rubik was town which you’d know if you’d actually read my postss.
Wait, so you posted all this about why you were psyched, and then turned a few posts later and asked me why I thought you were excited? Really? How did I not make this point when it was relevant?
I said I was actually low key kinda psyched. Rubik asked why. Just because I had a few reasons doesn’t mean you can blow the first statement out of proportion.
I always question people who break a tie with less than an hour to go.
Didn’t I kill you for that before.

I really want a reads list from you Deku with a whole bunch of details on why this person is town and this one isn’t.

Idk if I’m cranky this morning or if it’s just you. :P

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So I think what I did was I tried to cut out the paragraph before you said that, and accidentally took out the first word of that paragraph and not the first word of the previous one somehow. I didn't at all intend it that way, and I didn't reference the post in that way. I referenced it in regards to how it was initially written. All I can blame is how tired I was last night. Do you really think I'd do something that idiotic?
Chill out man

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
There never was any turning point, I always thought Rubik was town which you’d know if you’d actually read my postss.
I did read your posts. I saw you calling him out day one, I didn't see you at all defending him or changing your mind, all I saw was a negative opinion on him day one and defending of him day two. There had to be a turn somewhere. Either that or you didn't explain yourself well.
I said I was actually low key kinda psyched. Rubik asked why. Just because I had a few reasons doesn’t mean you can blow the first statement out of proportion.
Didn’t I kill you for that before.
I didn't say this was the most excited you'd ever been, I didn't say you were pumped beyond belief, I said you were openly excited. By which I mean you openly expressed excitement. And you definitley did. You spent an entire paragraph of a post explaining why you were excited. I was simply using what I knew about you to make a decision, and that decision was, "Maybe my RVS vote shouldn't be for this man". Didn't make you clear for the whole game, just for day one.

I really want a reads list from you Deku with a whole bunch of details on why this person is town and this one isn’t.
I'll have one in eventuslly, but this week was busier than expected. I really shouldn't have come back to mafia. It'll be in before end of the game. Though I have a feeling you'll dismiss it out of hand like it seems you're doing to all my other posts ;)

Idk if I’m cranky this morning or if it’s just you. :P
You are super cranky my friend

funnier6

Courage~
I did read your posts. I saw you calling him out day one, I didn't see you at all defending him or changing your mind, all I saw was a negative opinion on him day one and defending of him day two. There had to be a turn somewhere. Either that or you didn't explain yourself well.
You completely ignored the post that I quoted for you that shows I was town reading Rubik from the beginning. But you read my posts. And I wasn’t alive day two! Which I just said. But you read my posts.
By which I mean you openly expressed excitement. And you definitley did. You spent an entire paragraph of a post explaining why you were excited
I’m starting to think my idea of excitement is a lot different from yours.

You still haven’t voted have you?

Where the heck is everybody. @HeroOfTime @lib

funnier6

Courage~
You completely ignored the post that I quoted for you that shows I was town reading Rubik from the beginning. But you read my posts. And I wasn’t alive day two! Which I just said. But you read my posts.
I’m starting to think my idea of excitement is a lot different from yours.

You still haven’t voted have you?

Where the heck is everybody. @HeroOfTime @lib
Was not trying to hit the post buttonnnn.

Anyway @Libk @YIGAhim @Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom