• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA IIII- Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
@Storm could you add threadmarks for the beginning and ending of each day so far? 'Twould really help with scrolling back and forth through the pages looking for info.

Also, have to give you props for this whole time reset thing. Pretty neat and very unlike any game I've ever played in. Also it really makes sense why you didn't reveal the roles at death now. Still would be nice to have something to go off of tho... :sweat:

Threadmarks implemented as requested

Storm

Post Count
Darko:IIIIII
Funnier:IIII
Hero:IIII
Doc:III

Yiga:II
Rubik:II
Minish:I
Alfie:0
Lonk:0
~
Vote Count
Minish-1(Funnier)
Darko-2(Rubik,Doc)

Day Ends October 12th at Noon EST

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
How is it lame? Anti-town play is just as dangerous as anti-town alignments. Especially if it causes the game to die. At least anti-town aligned players have to appear to help the town. Anti-town play does nothing but harm the town.

funnier6

Courage~
How is it lame? Anti-town play is just as dangerous as anti-town alignments. Especially if it causes the game to die. At least anti-town aligned players have to appear to help the town. Anti-town play does nothing but harm the town.
Loads of reasons. I don’t care if they’re being anti town I care if they’re scum. We’re talking about Rubik. Rubik’s behaviour wasn’t anti town in the slightest. Still isn’t. Don’t care if he is scum. Still wasn’t acting anti town. The game has been dead since it started and tbh I can hardly believe you’d even try to blame someone for hurting the games activity. The entire game isn’t active but you can decide one person is causing it? Just doesn’t make sense.
There's always something you can do. We're in this gsme, may as well try playing it.
Vote: Rubik
This doesn’t even come from somewhere, you’re just like oh, Rubik is having regrets about joining this game, let’s lynch him! He might’ve just asked for a replacement you know. I just don’t understand how you could have played with Rubik before and think he’s sitting around being detrimental as though there’s anything to be detrimental to anyway.
Vote: Deku

There's been essentially nothing meaningful said by anyone today. The fact that you've made a lot of posts today and still essentially said nothing meaningful until now stinks of scum trying to lay low by actively lurking. You've been posting mildly observational posts that don't really really add anything to the game or place pressure on other players and now you're safely attacking someone who someone else already threw mild suspicion at and seemed too inactive to fight back.
Especially since you hold that position even after this post which shows Rubik has been paying attention and sees quite clearly what’s been going on. I also really agree with this post.
If I'm being honest, there wasn't a huge chance Rubik was actually scum. I tried to pull out some stuff in order to get people to join the lynchwagon that wasn't mine, most of which didn't even convince me.
You said you didn’t think Rubik was scum while trying to lynch him solely to save your own skin and didn’t believe your own reason you gave and yet you’re arguing with me that those reasons are valid and that it’s perfectly fine to lynch town as long as it means you don’t get lynched. What exactly have you done to lynch scum this game Deku?

Sorry, my tone probably sounds all ugh but just tryna get my point across.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
And now I think I know the theme of all the characters. At least if my guess is correct. But I don't think Storm would take kindly to that kind of speculation.

Well now that Storm said speculation was fine (as long as you don't reveal anything about your role) would you mind telling your thoughts? Storm saying that the night 2 scene was a big clue makes me think I have an idea of what may be going on. But tbh, I don't really know anything about that theme so that still doesn't help me much.

What are your thoughts on the game so far?

Still trying to figure out my thoughts. Lol. Hard to tell what's going on with the game. But I think we should have some more clues now to start piecing things together. I agree with what Doc said, about one of himself, Deku, Yiga, or Hero being scum since the game probably should've ended otherwise before we got to this point.

Out of that group of people I think I'd be leaning more towards Deku and Yiga. Doc seems to be trying to play the game and help town out, especially with pointing out that when it casts more suspicion on him. Hero also seems to be trying to figure things out and has even posted a reads list. Seems pretty in line with his town play.

Deku has been pretty active (which is a bit unusual for him in general) and has been giving a sense of trying to figure things out. However, the way he's gone about it is weird to me. Like his post at the beginning of the day that I quoted where he said he had some speculation but didn't think Storm would like him posting it. Even after I asked Storm and he said speculation was fine, Deku didn't post his thoughts. And then there's this quote.

If I'm being honest, there wasn't a huge chance Rubik was actually scum. I tried to pull out some stuff in order to get people to join the lynchwagon that wasn't mine, most of which didn't even convince me. I do stand by the fact that Rubik's mindset was detrimental to the game as it was, and hopefully it won't go back to that same point. So I'll hold off on voting him again unless it seems like a) he actually has a scumtell or b) both he and the game have reached a point where his attitude is once more anti-town.

Saying there wasn't a huge chance Rubik was actually scum (when, in a game this small there's a decent chance any of us are scum) and that he was just trying to get someone other than himself lynched doesn't sound great. I get not liking anti-town play, but Rubik didn't seem too different than he normally does. Even his 'anti-towniness' is pretty normal as he's stated before that he doesn't like no-claims and that probably goes along with the no flips as well. Just seems odd that Deku was so focused on saving himself than he was on lynching actual scum.

Don't really have much to say on Yiga. You already know my usual thoughts on him and he's doing his typical play of posting but not saying much this game. So not much AI going on with him.

I guess people have a choice on whether or not to come back according to the flavor. Weird.

With Rubik pretty much being fine with dying due to frustration from the game, do you really think he would've chosen to come back given the chance? Lol

Today, I'd be fine with a lynch on Darko or Mido

Just a heads up, I've replaced Mido. :)

At this point in time, I think the pool for lynching should be kept to at least myself, Deku, YIG, and Hero. We know that one is DEFINITELY mafia otherwise the game would have ended.

I agree with this. Don't really have much to say here regarding this post that I didn't already say in response to funnier. But I think it wouldn't hurt to focus in on this pool of people for the time being.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
If it were day one, I'd say sure, anti-town play should be lynched if there are no other targets. But it was very possibly MYLO. Without the reset, town could have lost. That wasn't the time to lynch an "anti-town townie", especially if you weren't convinced they were scum.

I also don't understand where you're getting this argument that you pushed for Rubik's lynch to save yourself, when no one had really stated suspicions of you until after Rubik's wagon started to form. I made a comment about being suspicious of Rubik and you immediately jumped on his vote. Rubik responded with a vote of his own against you, and that was the "wagon" against you for the majority of the day.

It's worth noting that despite being one of the most active players, you haven't said alot. You kept telling town to go back and look at day one posts, but never actually gave your opinions or suspicions. This gave the impression that you were attempting to scumhunt without actually having to scumhunt. The most I think you've said of a player is Rubik, which you're currently backtracking on and saying you never saw him as scummy for it. I know this is all fairly hypocritical, as I hadn't done much prior to your vote against Rubik either, but I still intend to leave my vote on you.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Loads of reasons. I don’t care if they’re being anti town I care if they’re scum. We’re talking about Rubik. Rubik’s behaviour wasn’t anti town in the slightest. Still isn’t. Don’t care if he is scum. Still wasn’t acting anti town. The game has been dead since it started and tbh I can hardly believe you’d even try to blame someone for hurting the games activity. The entire game isn’t active but you can decide one person is causing it? Just doesn’t make sense.
I felt like people talking like that would only make the game worse. It was already inactive, and I wanted to change that. Going after that kind of thing seemed to both symbolically work and remove a person who didn't seem like they wanted to be there and was bringing me (and possibly others) down with him.

This doesn’t even come from somewhere, you’re just like oh, Rubik is having regrets about joining this game, let’s lynch him! He might’ve just asked for a replacement you know. I just don’t understand how you could have played with Rubik before and think he’s sitting around being detrimental as though there’s anything to be detrimental to anyway.
I think that's somewhere enough. I was grasping for straws for anything to get the game moving, and he seemed like a legit direction to go. And it is worth mentioning that he never did ask for a replacement. If he did I would've laid off. But he didn't at all yesterday, and as far as I know he still has yet to today. Which means he's probably content to live out this game until such a point as he's forced out of it again, even if it means complaining about things.

Especially since you hold that position even after this post which shows Rubik has been paying attention and sees quite clearly what’s been going on. I also really agree with this post.
I never said he didn't. I wasn't really calling out how he was playing the game, but how he was talking about it.

You said you didn’t think Rubik was scum while trying to lynch him solely to save your own skin and didn’t believe your own reason you gave and yet you’re arguing with me that those reasons are valid and that it’s perfectly fine to lynch town as long as it means you don’t get lynched.
Partially, not solely, and I believed the main reason, just not the one that pointed to him actually being scum.

What exactly have you done to lynch scum this game Deku?
Well honestly I don't know. We don't have flips.

Well now that Storm said speculation was fine (as long as you don't reveal anything about your role) would you mind telling your thoughts? Storm saying that the night 2 scene was a big clue makes me think I have an idea of what may be going on. But tbh, I don't really know anything about that theme so that still doesn't help me much.[/QUOTE[
My idea is very much based around who my character is, and tbh I feel like theme probably doesn't matter a ton in this game anyways. It's just flavor. As fun as it can be, obviously the day would be better spent discussing other things.

Still trying to figure out my thoughts. Lol. Hard to tell what's going on with the game. But I think we should have some more clues now to start piecing things together. I agree with what Doc said, about one of himself, Deku, Yiga, or Hero being scum since the game probably should've ended otherwise before we got to this point.

Out of that group of people I think I'd be leaning more towards Deku and Yiga. Doc seems to be trying to play the game and help town out, especially with pointing out that when it casts more suspicion on him. Hero also seems to be trying to figure things out and has even posted a reads list. Seems pretty in line with his town play.

Deku has been pretty active (which is a bit unusual for him in general) and has been giving a sense of trying to figure things out. However, the way he's gone about it is weird to me. Like his post at the beginning of the day that I quoted where he said he had some speculation but didn't think Storm would like him posting it. Even after I asked Storm and he said speculation was fine, Deku didn't post his thoughts. And then there's this quote.

Saying there wasn't a huge chance Rubik was actually scum (when, in a game this small there's a decent chance any of us are scum) and that he was just trying to get someone other than himself lynched doesn't sound great. I get not liking anti-town play, but Rubik didn't seem too different than he normally does. Even his 'anti-towniness' is pretty normal as he's stated before that he doesn't like no-claims and that probably goes along with the no flips as well. Just seems odd that Deku was so focused on saving himself than he was on lynching actual scum.
It's worth mentioning this is my first game in months, so I'm trying to be reinvigorated to be more active and helpful, but... well, let's be honest, that isn't my normal playstyle in the slightest :P

You are not worthy

If it were day one, I'd say sure, anti-town play should be lynched if there are no other targets. But it was very possibly MYLO. Without the reset, town could have lost. That wasn't the time to lynch an "anti-town townie", especially if you weren't convinced they were scum.

I also don't understand where you're getting this argument that you pushed for Rubik's lynch to save yourself, when no one had really stated suspicions of you until after Rubik's wagon started to form. I made a comment about being suspicious of Rubik and you immediately jumped on his vote. Rubik responded with a vote of his own against you, and that was the "wagon" against you for the majority of the day.

It's worth noting that despite being one of the most active players, you haven't said alot. You kept telling town to go back and look at day one posts, but never actually gave your opinions or suspicions. This gave the impression that you were attempting to scumhunt without actually having to scumhunt. The most I think you've said of a player is Rubik, which you're currently backtracking on and saying you never saw him as scummy for it. I know this is all fairly hypocritical, as I hadn't done much prior to your vote against Rubik either, but I still intend to leave my vote on you.
The saving myself bit didn't start out that way. At first it was just the play. But as the day went on and the only votes remained on the two of us, and not wanting to get mislynched in my first game back, I got a little worried and started bringing in extra reasons to push for his death. I admit I had a few terrible reasons in there that I barely touched but just lightly dusted over one or two of my posts in an attempt to bring more suspicion onto him. Turns out I wouldn't need that, but I didn't know it at the time.
Also, I have a hard time forming suspicions of my own. It's rare that I actually do - usually I just comment on other people's suspicions and build what I think from there. Especially in regards to days without flips. I can conspiracy theorize connections about dead roles pretty decently, but without any kind of flips at all I'm super stuck. I'm legit a terrible mafia player. My constant comments for people to go back and read was in hopes of having things to comment on. That kind of thing doesn't lead to great work as a person who does most of the posting.
... so this is what it's like to be Storm in a roleplay (jk love u man. you're a better RPer than I am mafia player)
I also didn't really realize the MyLo thing. I didn't expect Day Two to possibly be the last day of the game - that's really fast even when mafia have a perfect game. Like, insanely fast. I didn't even honestly realize it until it was mentioned today.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
What are your thoughts on the game so far? @Rubik @DarkoNut I have this extreme one of you is scum feeling solely from how weird the going after each other was. Convince me you really thought the other person was scum please.

Sorry, making big posts is probably going to have to wait for evenings or weekends now that I've got a proper job. I'll try to give my thoughts after responding to a few things.

If I'm being honest, there wasn't a huge chance Rubik was actually scum. I tried to pull out some stuff in order to get people to join the lynchwagon that wasn't mine, most of which didn't even convince me. I do stand by the fact that Rubik's mindset was detrimental to the game as it was, and hopefully it won't go back to that same point. So I'll hold off on voting him again unless it seems like a) he actually has a scumtell or b) both he and the game have reached a point where his attitude is once more anti-town.

Holy moly, I wish I could double or nothing my vote or something.

You started a wagon on me and stuck with it even though you didn't really think I was especially scummy (just somewhat anti-town). Now you're backing down from your wagon now that it seems like something you might get push-back on.

Makes me wonder if Storm threw a jester in the setup. :suspicious:

Town:
Storma (Very unlikely that our first lynch was a mafia, even less likely considering how the game has gone since then)
Rubik (He was lynched yesterday and it didn't seem to impact the game in any way)
Doc (Seems to be genuinely trying to scumhunt. He's brought up some good points about both Darko and myself, and while I know for certain that at least one of us isn't mafia (try and guess who), his logic kind of makes sense)
Funnier (The way he reacted to his wagon D1 seemed pretty solid, and he was NK'ed)

Third Party:

SMS (I probably don't have to explain why I think this)

IDK/Mebbe Scum:
Oof. This is where it's hard.
Mido (Seems pretty chill so far. He died early, but nothing about him seemed to tip either way. Slightest of town reads, only because he was NK'ed)
YIGA (No idea at all. Mellow gameplay)
Libk (Wait, he's in this game? Oh yeah, two posts on D1)
Darko (I've agreed with most of what he's done so far, but he could just as easily be a vocal scumko. Really hard to get anything off of him)
[/spoiler]

Today, I'd be fine with a lynch on Darko or Mido. Feel neuteral about them at best. YIGA's a neuteral as well, but that seems to be how he generally plays.

Help, I'm blind.

The fact that nothing happened shouldn't be enough reason for me to switch from being your vote to your #2 highest townread (with storma at the top for some reason?) You gave reasons for your reads, though, so that's something.

At least you've got Deku where he belongs, but that's another thing it seems like you've taken a 180 on considering you backed his wagon over mine yesterday.

You said you didn’t think Rubik was scum while trying to lynch him solely to save your own skin and didn’t believe your own reason you gave and yet you’re arguing with me that those reasons are valid and that it’s perfectly fine to lynch town as long as it means you don’t get lynched. What exactly have you done to lynch scum this game Deku?

Sorry, my tone probably sounds all ugh but just tryna get my point across.

Thank you. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for most of yesterday, I appreciate that the validation that I'm not in fact crazy and that indeed me getting scapegoated for being a bit cranky in a bastard setup where no one was trying that hard was bizarre.

Deku's been nothing but passive and safe, but has done so actively so as to avoid being lynched for not contributing. He's avoided saying things that haven't been voiced by others, allowing him to distance himself from any opinions he repeats because he's not the originator of the ideas. It's a pretty textbook scum play style.

Well now that Storm said speculation was fine (as long as you don't reveal anything about your role) would you mind telling your thoughts? Storm saying that the night 2 scene was a big clue makes me think I have an idea of what may be going on. But tbh, I don't really know anything about that theme so that still doesn't help me much.

Don't really have much to say on Yiga. You already know my usual thoughts on him and he's doing his typical play of posting but not saying much this game. So not much AI going on with him.

With Rubik pretty much being fine with dying due to frustration from the game, do you really think he would've chosen to come back given the chance? Lol

I agree with this. Don't really have much to say here regarding this post that I didn't already say in response to funnier. But I think it wouldn't hurt to focus in on this pool of people for the time being.

I would have come back if it had been optional, actually. I'd have felt pretty bad dragging others down like that just because I don't like the setup.

What are your thoughts on Funnier?

---

To give my general thoughts on the game (aside from the fact that Deku is very, very scummy):

1. I don't think it's safe to assume that scum is entirely excluded from, included from, or made of a mix from the pool of players who got lynched before and after the time warp. This kind of mindset can be used to easily steer town into a place where we tunnel on a certain group of players and lose because we refuse to consider players outside of that pool.

2. That said, most of the four players listed are higher up on my scum radar. Deku is obviously my highest suspect, but YIGA's D1 and Hero being so quick to flip his opinion both could be indicative of something. Doc feels pretty proactively town so far, perhaps a bit more so than I would expect of him on average.

3. I don't think the players who died due to inactivity the first time should be ignored.

funnier6

Courage~

How you feel about the people who died before the reset?

Kay after reading the extra points from you and Doc about Deku I just can’t go on without voting him.

Unvote

Vote: Deku

I’d like to say I arrived at this point through cold analytical reasonings but really I have no idea how alignment indicative his behaviour is and I’m basing everything off his insane logic. I can’t think on it at all cause I keep getting the wifom what if he’s acting crazy so I’ll think he’s not scum loop and my mind just can’t.
Partially, not solely, and I believed the main reason, just not the one that pointed to him actually being scum.
Why would the main reason you were lynching someone not be the one that points to then being scum.
Well honestly I don't know. We don't have flips.
You know that’s not what I meant. All your suspicions aren’t suspicions at all, you say go back and never do so yourself. You’re always saying something without ever saying anything. If you’re town I really needa smack you for making me wanna kill you againnn.

Honestly, I have nothing to say. Absolutely nothing.
I’m trying to think if scum Yiga would this blatant but I feel like lynching him tomorrow just for consciously posting absolutely nothing.
Sorry, making big posts is probably going to have to wait for evenings or weekends now that I've got a proper job. I'll try to give my thoughts after responding to a few things.

Holy moly, I wish I could double or nothing my vote or something.

You started a wagon on me and stuck with it even though you didn't really think I was especially scummy (just somewhat anti-town). Now you're backing down from your wagon now that it seems like something you might get push-back on.

Makes me wonder if Storm threw a jester in the setup. :suspicious:

Help, I'm blind.

The fact that nothing happened shouldn't be enough reason for me to switch from being your vote to your #2 highest townread (with storma at the top for some reason?) You gave reasons for your reads, though, so that's something.

At least you've got Deku where he belongs, but that's another thing it seems like you've taken a 180 on considering you backed his wagon over mine yesterday.

Thank you. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for most of yesterday, I appreciate that the validation that I'm not in fact crazy and that indeed me getting scapegoated for being a bit cranky in a bastard setup where no one was trying that hard was bizarre.

Deku's been nothing but passive and safe, but has done so actively so as to avoid being lynched for not contributing. He's avoided saying things that haven't been voiced by others, allowing him to distance himself from any opinions he repeats because he's not the originator of the ideas. It's a pretty textbook scum play style.

I would have come back if it had been optional, actually. I'd have felt pretty bad dragging others down like that just because I don't like the setup.

What are your thoughts on Funnier?

---

To give my general thoughts on the game (aside from the fact that Deku is very, very scummy):

1. I don't think it's safe to assume that scum is entirely excluded from, included from, or made of a mix from the pool of players who got lynched before and after the time warp. This kind of mindset can be used to easily steer town into a place where we tunnel on a certain group of players and lose because we refuse to consider players outside of that pool.

2. That said, most of the four players listed are higher up on my scum radar. Deku is obviously my highest suspect, but YIGA's D1 and Hero being so quick to flip his opinion both could be indicative of something. Doc feels pretty proactively town so far, perhaps a bit more so than I would expect of him on average.

3. I don't think the players who died due to inactivity the first time should be ignored.
I swear Rubik it’s like we’re the same person some days. Did you see where I changed Heros white text to blue in my quote? Now everyone shut up so I can finally post this.

Storm

Post Count
Darko:IIIIIIIII
Funnier:IIIIII
Hero:IIII
Doc:IIIII

Yiga:III
Rubik:III
Minish:II
Alfie:0
Lonk:I
~
Vote Count
Darko-3(Rubik,Doc,Funnier)

Day Ends October 12th at Noon EST

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I swear Rubik it’s like we’re the same person some days. Did you see where I changed Heros white text to blue in my quote? Now everyone shut up so I can finally post this.

I did see it, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed the text, probably.

---

I wonder if Deku has a role that requires he post super actively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom