• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Changing the Timeline?

Well, I was looking at the interview with Nintendo and Miyamoto said "Of course, the Nintendo 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is crammed with interesting thing that weren't in the Nintendo 64 version". Then I thought "could this piece together the timeline more?" Meaning that the new stuff could help us with the timeline. What do you think? I think it may have a chance, if they add NEW stuff. Not change around/add little things.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
If they add a ton of new stuff, then yes, it could possible alter the timeline. There is a theory out there (I first heard about it here on ZD) that the new OoT could possibly be Ura Zelda. If that's the case, who knows how majorly it could alter the timeline lol. I'm really looking forward to finding out:).

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I honestly think there won't be any content in the game that changes the timeline. I believe it's just a remake.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Could we get a link to this interview?
I'm pretty sure messing with the timeline is not what he meant when he said there would be new things. I'm also pretty sure Eiji Anouma said that there weren't any major changes.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I wouldn't be surprised if very minor things were change to include minor references to Skyward Sword. They said that Skyward Sword takes places before the time of Ocarina of Time. In all games where they've compared one game to another in the timeline, they've made some minor connections. They'll surely do things in Skyward Sword that we've already seen in Ocarina of Time, but I think there will be some minor changes to OoT to make more connections.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
The information we learn about the development process of the classic in that articile is so... rich. It's a really great read if you're one of the ones mentioned as, and this isn't a direct quote here... "the youth that grew up with it." Knowing the thought process and things such as that, that went into the creation of Ocarina of Time feels... great. Especially for me, being an amature game designer.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread here with that. Hmm... I really want to know what the "new" stuff is! Since not all of it's going to be actual new content, but things that they couldn't do, or fit into the original, that they've always wanted to. It's exciting, really. I grew up playing Ocarina of Time, so I have a really special bond with it, and this remake is doing everything that I had always hoped for and more... Oh, why make us wait until June? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom