• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Changes You Want To See In Majora's Mask 3D

Djinn

and Tonic
They could drop that whole chase the skull kid wearing the mask around Termina sub plot. I always thought that brought the whole game down from the real mask collecting main plot of the game.

Anyway, what I always hope for with a redressing/rerelease of a game like this is a much muuuuch better translation that clarifies some things that made little to no sense in the original that had things people had to take at face value. And readding some of the story parts that had to be cut for cartridge space purposes. Usually there is only a little bit of this going on with these updates but they are still nice.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Also, a stop time feature would make time-based gameplay redundant. Having full control over the time kind of makes a time-based system redundant.

I have some...

*An expert level/Hero mode. No recovery hearts, tougher enemies, no time manipulation, etc.
*A few changes to the ending to tie up some of the loose ends the original left.
*Skippable cutscenes PLEASE
*Outfit customization (no chance at all, but still)
*The face removed from the mirror shield or make it swappable with the Hylian sheild

That's all I can think of now

Garo

Boy Wonder
More control over the time would turn what is currently one of the best games ever created into a rote, typical adventure game. The time system is what makes Majora's Mask unique, and to reduce that aspect of the game is essentially to rob the game of its spirit. I would be horrendously disappointed to see that happen. Managing your time within a cycle to accomplish as much as possible without wasting time and cycles is part of the game, and the impending sense of "you can't save everybody" is a critical thematic point. Come on, Nintendo: don't castrate your one truly transcendent game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Again, how does waiting around for the hours of the clock to pass add fun and challenge? It's just leaving the room, making a sandwich, and getting back to the game after more time has passed.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Again, how does waiting around for the hours of the clock to pass add fun and challenge? It's just leaving the room, making a sandwich, and getting back to the game after more time has passed.

It's not even the entire game. One side quest you don't have to do with minimal waiting at most isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. You're not waiting around for hours, you're waiting for a few minutes at most. There's really no waiting in any other part of the game.

Also, the 3-day system is fun and challenging because it gives a sense of urgency and you have to try to complete as much as you possibly can in one cycle until you have to reset everything. Most Zelda fans are just close minded and go "No adventure? That game is terrible them!".

I have a better question. What's fun or challenging about having full control over the clock or having the ability to stop time?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The save system and time mechanic could not change and I wouldn't be too fussed. However, I believe it would only benefit from an improved fast-forwarding feature. The Double Song of Time is fine, but not when you need to play it five times in a row to get to the night of the final day reasonably quick from the beginning. All I want to do is play it once and select any of the 6am/6pm time periods in the future from a list. It would be useful for more instances that aren't as wide of a wait, that's simply the worst scenario.

For the bank, I would like for a simplified withdraw and deposit slider that is done on one screen, like... the Banktoad in Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm not a fan of the separate sub-menus that punishes button-mashers more harshly and doesn't display the current balance *as* you top up or take out rupees.

Also, I want to use the Fierce Deity mask in more places, even if it's just goofing around post-game. It's crazy fun when you get to use it.

Garo

Boy Wonder

With a myopic focus on only a single task, I could see how it'd be annoying. Which is why the game asks you to manage your time in a single cycle. Need to wait until 6PM for a shop to open? Run out into the field and hunt down a couple of Heart Pieces. Maybe even start a second sidequest, or continue with the next stage of the main quest. When 6PM comes, book it to the shop and do your thing. Then get back to what you were doing.

If anything, starting a new cycle isn't punishing enough. Just losing all of your arrows and bombs and rupees doesn't have the sting necessary to discourage people from starting cycles just to accomplish a single, small task, which is what makes you wait around. Basically, if you're waiting around for hours to pass, you aren't effectively managing your time and are making the game boring by your own actions.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The only thing I can think of is make it so that the Owl Statues don't force you to quit and return to the title screen every time you save with one of them. I'd also love an option to switch between shields because I hated that I couldn't do that before. (I mostly hated it just because I think MM's Mirror Shield is hideous.)

I was gonna bring up making it so that the game doesn't have a high chance of freezing when using the inverted song of time, but then I remembered that's just on the gamecube port...

Salem

SICK
Can it be compatible with the NEW 3DS? So they can use the C-Stick/left-stick to control the camera like in WW and GCN version of TP.:)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
For a MQ, I would agree with the inability to slow down time, but no song of double time. Trying to complete objectives within the given amount of time would be hard, but making it so you can't skip time just seems like waiting. Having to wait for an event isn't hard, so I don't really think this should be removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom