• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Changes in Zora Link's Motion (Plus Goron Link.)

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
Hey. Okay, so I don't know if it was just me who noticed this, but Zora Link no longer moves as smoothly as in the N64 version. Not only that, but I can no longer dolphin jump out of the water onto ledges anymore.

And is it just me, or does Zora Link seem to move much slower in the 3DS version?

Zora Link was always my favorite mode of transportation, but now, it just isn't enjoyable.

One more thing that irked me, big time.

When you roll as a Goron in the 3DS version, you click A, and have to click it again to "un-curl." s far as I remember, in the N64 version, you held A, and when you let go, it uncurled. I prefer that much better. Anyone else?

Lusoric

What have I done?
I really enjoyed the Goron Link simply press A and don't have to wear out your thumb to keep rolling, but the zora link... it hurts but i think it was because people felt in the original "I'M GOING TOO FAST AAAAA" but they still could have made it so that you don't have to rely on the magic to go faster. Though it does seem to be very similar to the goron link and not take as much magic as before.

Echidnux

Pundit Magician
I dig the requirement of magic power for dolphin jumping, especially now that a certain endgame area has a section which requires you to dolphin jump a lot. It means you have to watch your magic meter a lot more and (aside from obvious wizard reasons) I really dig having to manage Link's magic consumption.

Goron Link's new rolling button changes are just a thing I got used to after a couple days. It's not too bad.

What does irk me though, is the changes to Deku Link's momentum. With the N64 version you could spin before touching water to get a boost while hopping, now you have to run and spin to get the speed boost. This makes lilypad travel a pain because you don't have enough room on one of those to run and then spin. Travelling through Deku Palace and Woodfall has gotten a whole lot slower :(

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
In regards to the changes to Zora Link, I think Nintendo meant for Zora Link to be easier to control and thus less frustrating. However, for me at least, it turned out more frustrating partially because I was so used to the old style of swimming (thank goodness you can invert the control stick in options) and also because it would take a massive amount of time to travel across the large bodies of water in the game. The Great Bay Temple was thoroughly enjoyable although my enjoyment of it was dampened by the changes to the swimming mechanics. Simply put it was much more difficult to navigate room to room underwater with the new mechanics. However, I am able to forgive the changes because in the grand scheme of things, its not a huge deal.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Really don't like what they did to Zora Link. If this game didn't have a magic meter, it'd be fine, but as it is, it's a pain.

Goron Link, Goht fight, Gyorg's encounter design, Zora Link swimming, lilly pad jumping, stone mask location, mood lighting… good god. it's like they looked at Majora's Mask, looked at everything that worked, and went "ok, ok, now how can we make this terrible?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom