• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Change Something

If Nintendo were to hire you and your job was to re-release any zelda game(s) other than Oot what would you change in that game(s)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Maybe AoL, and make it so when you get a game over you start you back at the last town you visited or the entrance to the palace you're in, and you don't lose your current accumulated experience points.

AoL and LoZ with updated modern graphics, still 2D but superior to the NES 8-bit.
I think AoL especially would look fantastic!

Agreed! I'd have to do the same! Releasing the older ones with better graphics would be AWESOME!

in WW or basically any game-
i would change the bosses,
i would make them harder.
oh, and make it not so obvious of how to defeat some enemies.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I love it how Ganon is suppose to be this "great" evil, but every monster he makes has a weak point! Even he has one! If I could change something I'd make it so that getting around bosses' deffences would be a lot harder. Maybe more armor on them...

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Ahh, finally a place to put my comment about saving...OK so if I worked for Nintendo (first off, one life goal down! :P) and could change anything, I'd make it so that when you saved in ANY game (let's say I'm rereleasing A Link to the Past) and then picked up you game later, it'd pick up immediately where you left off. That's something that's always bugged me in every Zelda game and I'd LOVE to be the person to fix it! :P

Update the graphics for all of them up to Wind Waker, for starters. The 2D ones would still be on a 2D plane, but they would look awesome and 3D and not pixalated.

Perhaps in WW, MM, TMC, and the other short ones I would find a way to add in more dungeons without altering the storyline, because I was so sad when those games ended after only 4 or 5 temples, however they have brilliant stories so I do not want to alter that in making them longer.

If I could make the older games have more character detail and make the story clearer in the game, I would. Perhaps add cutscenes? additional dialogue? I love how Link's Awakening has little cutscenes with varying degrees of detail, I'd put things like that in the older games because it would really bring a new life to them. And not just for the first three games, but for the Oracle games, FS and FSA, and Minish Cap too. I think it would work with the improved graphics.

Having played Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time the most of any Zelda games, I have a few small details that I would add or change in them, like a few more reaction animations from Link at certain points in the game, and improve the over all cutscenes in both games, OoT particularly since I can think of a few scenes that really need it. I wouldn't go full out Wind Waker on the expressions but a little bit more on certain scenes, like when Link says bye to Saria as he's leaving Kokiri Forest for the first time, and when Romani get's abducted (there's no reaction at all from him!) But that really gets into my opinion, you might have thought those scenes were fine.

Ahh, finally a place to put my comment about saving...OK so if I worked for Nintendo (first off, one life goal down! :P) and could change anything, I'd make it so that when you saved in ANY game (let's say I'm rereleasing A Link to the Past) and then picked up you game later, it'd pick up immediately where you left off. That's something that's always bugged me in every Zelda game and I'd LOVE to be the person to fix it! :P

If I were remaking Majora's Mask for a handheld I think it should have this feature. Not as a perma-save, but as as a sort of portable Owl Statue. Seeing as it's timed, and handhelds often need to be stopped quickly, I think it would really work there. Pressing a button twice is a lot faster than playing a song, watching a warp animation, and talking to an owl statue.

i'd bring the laser shooting sword back for every other Zelda game that comes in the future, you would never have to use use a bow and arrow ever again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom