• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Champions Ballad Reveal and Discussion

funnier6

Courage~
CLONES?!?! Dammit I didn't do much of anything. I'l remember that then.

Well I guess I was stuck in the beginning phase of the fight. When he does the thing where the wind comes after you out of the ground and the rocks hit you at the end of it. Can't escape it and he was doing fireblight stuff immediately afterwards and just hitting me into the wind pillar. That's what killed me
Use the paraglider to escape it, timing is a little tricky.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I just used Urbosa's Fury when he shadow cloned himself. Doing this would reveal the real one.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I just kinda shot arrows and backed away. It didn't work too terribly well. The boss was fun, but it only took me one try.

Ninja

Well well well
Update: After you beat each fight with the blights again, you get a different dialogue each time. Here's a YT video showing all of the extra dialogue in case you guys don't want to repeat the fights again:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Update: After you beat each fight with the blights again, you get a different dialogue each time. Here's a YT video showing all of the extra dialogue in case you guys don't want to repeat the fights again:

I knew you could rebattle the ganons. I tried it out after I beated Vah Medoh again. But I didn't know this. After watching the video you posted, Urbosa even tightened her number one position in my books.

Ninja

Well well well
I knew you could rebattle the ganons. I tried it out after I beated Vah Medoh again. But I didn't know this. After watching the video you posted, Urbosa even tightened her number one position in my books.

I know right? Urbosas cutscenes and extra dialogue were amazing.

Miphas just made everything all the more tragic. She is forever solidified as the number one waifu.

Revali is like that douche big brother that wants to be better than you but deep down is a cool guy.

Haven't seen Daruks yet because he's the last one I need to do before the divine trial.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
I have yet to complete it, but I am at the final boss. I think the one hit thing was fun, but hard. Also, don't even get me started on WaterBlight Ganon in this. Overall I would rate The Champions' Ballad 9/10. too much Mipha

Ninja

Well well well
I just finished the Champions Ballad and for what it was, it was an amazing add-on for the game, and along with DLC1, this was definitely worth the $20.

The added costumes and gear was pretty cool, my favorite of the bunch was the Phantom Ganon outfit and the Wind Waker lobster shirt. The Royal Guard set with the Hylian Hood is a nice touch as well.

The added cutscenes, memories, and final memory with the Champions was done really well. While they did add some backstory to the Champions, I wish they would have actually added some more story to the game, and I was even hoping for something post-ganon as well. Hopefully there will be a DLC3 which expands on the final cutscene where Zelda wants to make some adjustments to Vah Ruta.

Difficulty wasn't too bad. The 1/4 heart trials with the Obliterator was an interesting challenge, I've had some of the funniest deaths I've had in awhile. The added shrines were hit and miss. The general defeat a foe, race through rings thing got repetitive after awhile. The actual shrines themselves were a nice treat, as well as Link's Divine Beast dungeon.

The final boss fight was a welcome change and a nice twist. He wasn't terribly difficult, and showed us what kind of fight Master Kogha should have been. The Master Cycle Zero is ****ing RAD. Everyone has their opinions of why a motorcycle is in the game, but if you think about it, the Sheikah Slate is basically a smartphone with a camera and rune-apps.

I thoroughly enjoyed the extra time and dialogue we got with the Champions. Each one got some added depth of character. Seeing Urbosa wreck some Yiga clowns was amazing, Daruk being frightened of a dog was hilarious, Revali didn't surprise anyone with his competitive attitude towards Link, and Mipha's extra dialogue to Link after beating the blight multiple times just adds to her tragic love story with Link. Seeing Zelda have fun with the dog was pretty cool as well, and the final group photo scene was incredible. Purah yelling at everyone to adjust themselves was great.

For an expansion, this was done well once you got past the Obliterator challenges. The added gear, cutscenes, and backstory provided further completes Breath of the Wild, a game that needs as many story elements as possible.

Hi all I've been having an issue with my save for champions ballad. I've completed 3 champions but on urbosa's song the rings won't appear near gerudo town , also i can't get into the yiga clan hideout not sure if this is the best place for this but any help would be appreciated I'm tearing my hair out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom