• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Challenger Approachs: Console Wars

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk

We have enough "hd graphics" fanboys... We have enough on the market now, even though I would like to see a new sega console (yeah, i know)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I might like to see Atari, Sega, or Apple try to make a new console. They're the only ones I can imagine dong it.

Atari and Sega had their time, though. I'd like to see Apple make a game console, just to see if they make an Xbox 360 vs. their console commercial that looks like their Mac vs. PC commercial. :lol:

I wonder if they'd call it the iGame?

linkman8

True and Noble
Hm... I'm going to be honest, I don't think that any more companies are going to take a shot at the console world right now. It's a little cutthroat, and the three main companies have it tied up. Sega has tried before numerous times to make consoles, and they succeeded at first with the Genesis, but then kind of died out later on with the Dreamcast. Atari hasn't had a system in ages, and they're focusing on games now, and if Apple made a system, I would have something new to declare war on. The only new system that will probably come out in the next five years would be a Microsoft hand-held system, which few will buy.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
If anything I'd like to see Sega reenter the Console Wars. Though I never had a Sega console I know from the Virtual Console that they had some pretty good games and honestly I'd like it if they started making consoles again. And actually I'd prefer Apple to not enter the Console Wars because they'll just get their fruity butts handed to them by Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft.

Personally, I've always felt that Sega should make a comeback. But not now, because it still hasn't re-established itself as the goodness it was in the 80s and 90s. So I should definitely say I want SNK back. Remember the NeoGeo? I want it back in modern format. That isn't to say NEC should make a Turbo-Grafx128/256.

Tom

I'm afraid there are no companies who haven't brought gamers their consoles yet strong enough to fight Big N and the others.
I personally think this so called "console wars" isn't tough at all to any of its "participants", since Nintendo and companies such as Sony aren't coming up with any new ideas, for the Wii innovative issue has started to settle down by now and the Playstation only changes its following number, because its games remain the same: entertainment, I'd say.
It'd be nice to see Nintendo kicking Sony's ---with games such as Zelda, those who go beyond entertainment.

Last edited:

Steve

5/19/13
I'd say SEGA, as Nintendo has ruined their reputation and credibility, and they need to be redeemed. There's already been rumors they plan to go independent once more and develop consoles, which would be great.

Tom

I'd say SEGA, as Nintendo has ruined their reputation and credibility, and they need to be redeemed. There's already been rumors they plan to go independent once more and develop consoles, which would be great.

Indeed, Nintendo has started accepting any kind of random s--- to its consoles, and nowadays even stupid games such as "Chicken Shoot" are being developed by Nintendo.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I would love to see and Apple VS. Nintendo war. It would be interesting, since they are both very popular companies.

If there were to be another company to enter the "Console War", I would have to say Samsung. It makes amazing TVs, DVD players, and Phones. If they made a console it would probably dominate the gaming world.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I might like to see Atari, Sega, or Apple try to make a new console. They're the only ones I can imagine dong it.

Atari and Sega had their time, though. I'd like to see Apple make a game console, just to see if they make an Xbox 360 vs. their console commercial that looks like their Mac vs. PC commercial. :lol:

I wonder if they'd call it the iGame?

Well Apple has actually made a console, but it was a failure. That doesn't mean that it couldn't take another shot. I'm pretty sure that it was a LONG time ago, as in, before "i".

What about Google? I mean, it's done everything else.

Austin

Austin
It would be Apple, with their iConsole! Instead of buying games over the counter, you buy them from their every growing stricter app store! You will see a console that can only save one game on it, similar to the iPad only being able to run one program at a time.

Or google. Google does email, cellphones, social networking sites, etc! It can do anything it wants!
Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwYrZLvvJU

hsb39

Why so logical?
Well, I should actually say that Apple now kind of does have a successful gaming console... the iPhone, I don't think that that is its main purpose, or that it is that great, but there are some good games on it, enough to sway a decision between two phone types (although I don't have one, or any of those new type of "superphones").

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom