• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cave of Ordeals

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
I think That a cave of ordeals in SS would have been very hard and a good chalenge. plus theres only 2 anyway (one in WW the other in TP) so why not i loved the COO in TP why not have one in SS.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Well, the Lanayru boss challenges were pretty similar to the Cave of Ordeals, but yeah. It still would have been cool if they had something else like that.

Fig

The Altruist
I would have love to see a good challenge such as the Cave of Ordeals in Skyward Sword. I love risking everything I have for a great prize at the end! :)

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, that was one of the main things I was waiting for the entire time! I got 469 hours clocked in on a single Twilight Princess file all because of my love for the Cave of Ordeals! A challenge where you have to fight through levels of enemies has appeared in The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Spirit Tracks -- so I saw no reason why Skyward Sword shouldn't have it. It was one of the few things I actually expected from the game.

But what?! All we got was a Boss Rush?! >_< Noooooooooooooooooo!!! *falls to the floor in agony*

It would have been nice to have something like that, I think. To be honest I still haven't gotten around to trying out the boss rush, so I don't know how close it is to something like the Cave of Ordeals. Certainly it would have been fun to have something like that, what with Skyward Sword having motion controls and all. Hopefully they'll include one of those challenges again in the next game, though.

Nintendo has been gravitating away from survival dungeons and more towards boss endurance trails. Personally it would have made perfect sense if the former was incorporated in Skyward Sword. The title put increased emphasis on combat with the Wii Motion+ and it was a shame to not see the full potential of the sword utilized in slaying wave after wave of enemy. The closest we got was the Bokoblin Horde in the Sealed Grounds at the end of the game. On the flipside, however, the difficulty gradient of Skyward Sword's enemies essentially capped off at the Ancient Cistern with the Stalfos Warrior therefore composing a genuine final enemy encounter would not have melded nicely.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
CoO in TP 3HC was hard first time through. CoO wouldn't be so in SS -- the enemies are far too easy and attack far too infrequently to be seen as a threat, even in a group. *points at Horde*

If Skyward had a much larger enemy diversity (and by this I mean different attacks, patterns, and attack patterns), maybe a Cave would've done well. I'm happy with Boss Rush, though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
CoO in TP 3HC was hard first time through. CoO wouldn't be so in SS -- the enemies are far too easy and attack far too infrequently to be seen as a threat, even in a group. *points at Horde*

If Skyward had a much larger enemy diversity (and by this I mean different attacks, patterns, and attack patterns), maybe a Cave would've done well. I'm happy with Boss Rush, though.

1.) Horde's AI was altered to where the basic Bokoblins couldn't block. If they had been able to block, the fight would have been ridiculously tough to the point of being unfair and cheap.

2.) *Sigh* Enemy diversity was fine...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1.) Horde's AI was altered to where the basic Bokoblins couldn't block. If they had been able to block, the fight would have been ridiculously tough to the point of being unfair and cheap.

2.) *Sigh* Enemy diversity was fine...

1) No, the fight would've been ridiculously tedious, even moreso than it already is, to the point of being a turn off to all but the most daring of players.

2) To you, sure.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
1) No, the fight would've been ridiculously tedious, even moreso than it already is, to the point of being a turn off to all but the most daring of players.

You basically described the exact scenario I did...

2) To you, sure.

Each enemy had a different pattern and defense to figure out. I'm not imagining things. Some other Zeldas had more diversity, sure, but you act like SS has zero.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You basically described the exact scenario I did...

Each enemy had a different pattern and defense to figure out. I'm not imagining things. Some other Zeldas had more diversity, sure, but you act like SS has zero.
Toughness =/= tedium

SS pretty much has zero in my mind. Every enemy, to me, feels the same. Whatever diversity exists is overshadowed by the sameness within every SS enemy (sans bosses). This is no act, this is how I feel.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Toughness =/= tedium

Tediousness often creates difficulty. The kind of difficulty that isn't good. The kind of difficulty that's annoying and spammy as hell. Y'know, like ALttP's enemies.

SS pretty much has zero in my mind. Every enemy, to me, feels the same. Whatever diversity exists is overshadowed by the sameness within every SS enemy (sans bosses). This is no act, this is how I feel.

I just seriously don't see the logic behind this. Enemies that are more athletic and spontaneous (i.e. realistic) are all the same and boring? :huh:

But, whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom