• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Cave of Ordeal's

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I had a really hard time with this until I did this: Got all the heart pieces, filled the bottles with potions and fairies, stocked up fully on rupees and used the magic armor when necessary.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
The Cave of Ordeals was very challenging, but I wouldn't say I had difficulty with it. I completed the dungeon on my first go through. I think the fact that I have the Magic Armor, a good amount of potions and plenty of arrows and bombs made it a tad bit more manageable.

It was really hard, and I've been meaning to go back, get all the heart pieces and lots of ruppees and attempt it again. I actually used to have a guide with tips for completing the Cave of Ordeals in a Nintendo Power magazine but my cousin stole it :(

I think the cave of ordeals/ pit of 100 trials should be in every Zelda game. For me it really extends the amount of playtime and gives me a good reason to collect everything.

I didn't find it too difficult. I had neither all hearts nor the Magic Armor, but I definitely needed all the potions I had.
The only real problem were the Dark Nuts. Of course I knew theoretically how they could be defeated, but they just didn't want to die >.<
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with what you get when you're all through. Somehow I had some of it (I don't exactly remember what it was) when I entered and used it during the battles. Then I get it again at the end. I felt like it was a bit pointless.
But overall I liked the whole Cave of Ordeals.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i never use the magic armour but i have 19 hearts and all the bottles and i struggle to finish it. usually die on the last or second to last room. WW's one was a lot easier

What's grey?
I thought it was really fun. I just go through with a fairy, my previous fairy's tear, and... 16 or 18 hearts. Don't remember how many. I'm gonna try to get through without a fairy sometime.
I tried it with the infinite bomb arrow glitch once. It was fun for a while but got really really easy, as you can imagine. I think I prefer to just go through normally.

Starleap

Canadian Girl
I died on the 49th floor, I had the magic armor, full money pouch and all the items. I hated that freaking fight with the darknuts, that is what killed me. Though I managed to take out one of them and get the other two's armor off. It was a pretty close fight.

The first time, I did that thing that opens the door when you ruen off the 2 torches at the top of the floor. But then I decided to actually do it, and the 2nd time's harder...

I didn't do the Cave of Ordeals until I had already basically completed the game so it was quite easy at that point.

Once I figured out some tricks to use on the redeads (the jump strike is a one hit kill), it was easy until that last Darknut battle. Those Darknuts surrounded me and constantly hit me back and forth between them. I could rarely attack them and back off without a different one attacking me.

I didn't find it too difficult. I had neither all hearts nor the Magic Armor, but I definitely needed all the potions I had.
The only real problem were the Dark Nuts. Of course I knew theoretically how they could be defeated, but they just didn't want to die >.<
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with what you get when you're all through. Somehow I had some of it (I don't exactly remember what it was) when I entered and used it during the battles. Then I get it again at the end. I felt like it was a bit pointless.
But overall I liked the whole Cave of Ordeals.

The thing you get was the Great Fairy's Tears, and you can also get them if you give 20 (or was it 30?) poes to Jovani. I did the same thing before doing the Cave of Ordeals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom