• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Cave of Ordeals - 4 Darknuts

Majora's Cat

How about that
I have played through the Cave of Ordeals many times. On my new file, I wanted to play it twice (to get another bottle of Fairy's Tears, of course). On the second time, I noticed that instead of two darknuts on the 39th level, there were three. On the 49th level, there were four darknuts instead of three. I didn't think that the elevated difficulty in the Cave of Ordeals the second time around was really necessary, but it did provide some entertainment for one dull hour of my life. The second time around forced me to actually use my magic armor many times, and I absolutely loved the experience.

So... I want to know. If you've gone through the Cave of Ordeals, tell me what you think. And if you've done it twice, three times or even four times on one game file, did you still like it?

I was not able to make it through even the first time. I can't seem to figure out a good strategy for multiple Darknuts, and I have a lot of problems with multiple Re-Deads as well (they basically perma-scream me and I can't do anything and lose TONS of hearts trying to take them out). It's a moot point now, though...my game I'd completed 100% minus one bloody Poe Soul and the Cave of Ordeals was somehow deleted :/

Danlo

Daniel
I did it only once, but I kind of like it. I like combat I TP. I never did it for a second time, but i probably will try

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I've done the second run-through of CoD a couple times, but I don't think I've ever used the Magic Armor for any of them. My technique for defeating multiples is a little odd... I just target and circle them all together, so I don't have to worry about one coming up behind me. As I'm circling, I tap my Z-target so that it will automatically lock onto the nearest Darknut. I pretty much just do this until I find an opening, which doesn't take too long. Don't get me wrong, it's still quite a challenge! Now all I have left to do is a second run on my three-heart challenge file..It was pretty intense the first time :bleh:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR UR TROUBLES!!!
win the star challenge so u get the big quiver.
get all bomb bags full of mostly normal bombs and bomblings.
in the cave, there is usualy a ledge u jump off of. DONT stay there and pick them of with bomb arrows, normal arrows, normal bombs, or charge a jump strike on the edge.
EASY WAY TO KILL REDEADS. use bomblings or bombs to blow them up.

Oh that was an ORDEAL! (lol...get it?). I got there multiple times in my file, but I've never beaten that cave. Any hints would be lovely.

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ 8bubbles8joe

The only way I got through it is to stock up on bomb arrows and potions the first time around. Shoot down enemies that are probably going to be a hazard from above (starting from floor 30), and use potions when you bare about to run out of life. You may not use a lot of it, but it's good to carry some around. The second time around (on the same save file) is a different story. I used my magic armor throughout the whole Cave (remember, enemies leave behind a lot of rupees). Carry potions once again, and stock up on bomb arrows, just like the first time. What is the purpose of the second time around? It is simply for the option to hold two Great Fairy's Tears at the same time. Hope you make it through the Cave of Ordeals next time! ;)

G

gaiachaos

The first time I played this, it was a struggle, but I never died (started with 14 hearts). The second run was slightly more challenging, but still managed to beat the dungeon. I didn't use the magic armor at all --- when I think about it. Then I practiced a few more times to improve my skills. Eventually, I didn't have any problems beating the dungeon starting with just 3 hearts and no potions used (but dug up spots for hearts when needed).

I posted the 3-heart challenge videos on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaiachaos2000/

I beat the Cave of Ordeals the second time with only losing 11 hearts. I had the Magic armor and 1000 rupees when entering though.

The Cave of Ordeals is very similar to the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier on Pokemon in my experience. I find the idea of going through them quite a good idea, but when I actually start, its only fun for a while or so. And once I beat it, I lack the motivation to try and go though it again. It's a fun little idea, but it's too easy at parts, and I think they could have expanded upon the idea greatly. They could have done something like what Spartan: Total Warrior presented the audience with, which was a mode in which you fight a small army of men of the lowest rank. Of course the further through the rounds you get, the higher ranked (and therefore harder) the enemies become. This would work with Zelda, but it would need changing from Spartan: Total Warrior's version, as that involved having items that could be used to kill the enemies such as burning coals that you could kick over to burn any enemies that run through it, and you can have other men with you to help you fight.

If it was like what I stated above, I would have probably played through it more times, but I can only play through it twice, and that was on seperate save files so I never knew about the increase in Darknuts on each floor. It wouldn't really make it any harder though, because the Dark Nuts are easy to pick off one by one. I might try and go through it a second time on my 3 heart file though, and see if it any other floors get harder as you progress.

W

Wolfang31

I always have trouble in Cave of Ordeals because I always push over the thing... but I like this place. It's a good challenge but I admit we lose motivation for trying again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom