• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Catwoman or Harley Quinn?

Catwoman or Harley Quinn?

• Catwoman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harley Quinn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Even if you don't read comic books you'll still have an idea of ho both Catwoman and Harley Quinn are. Catwoman; Batman's love interest and many other things, and Harley Quinn; The Joker's companion through thick and thin...

Both gals are awesome in their own way but which do you prefer and why?

Here is somethig to help you decide.
http://i.imgur.com/zBCTfO6.jpg

Harley Quinn as I've always found Catwoman annoying. I was quite disappointed to find out she was going to be in The Dark Knight Rises and she proved to me that I was right to be disappointed. Basically the only reason to have her in that film was so they could show off her huge latex stretching *** and to ruin the epic fight between Batman and Bane. I never liked her in the older Batman films either. On the other hand, I like Harley Quinn and particularly liked the way she was portrayed in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Spicy thread.

I prefer Catwoman. She's like Batman, but she's not as dark and she doesn't really focus on doing good. Also, she is beautiful. :love:

That's all i've got.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Definitely Catwoman. Harley is also an amazing character, and one that deserves some study. However, Catwoman is my timeless nemesis/love interest/partner. I think Catwoman represents a part of me that I suppress to act upon. Like me, she's seen firsthand the injustice of Gotham City. The difference between us is that she has concluded that anarchy and crime are the only ways to survive in the dog-eat-dog world she grew up in. She believes you must fight injustice with injustice; there is no “higher-ground” in her eyes. However, I take a different approach. I do not wish for anarchy; indeed I wish for order through organized authority. My vigilantism is an anarchistic attempt to reestablish authority; not to demolish it, like my feline counterpart. Instead of fighting injustice with more injustice, I fight it with symbolism; with fear. I use fear on those who prey on the fearful in an attempt to reestablish justice. A goal Ms. Kyle sees as naive folly.

But I can definitely relate to her. Gotham City destroyed us both; threw us out on the streets (in my case that is quite figurative). And believe me when I say that I have been tempted several times to follow Selina’s path. But I can’t. I want to rid my city of crime. If I behave like my catlike correspondent; I cross a very dangerous line. Once that line is crossed, what then makes me any better than the criminals I hunt down? I’d just be a criminal with a good heart; like Selina. So, I take a different path. I suppose you could say I’m a criminal against crime while Selina is a criminal to survive in a world of crime. She ignores the potential establishment of justice. She doesn’t think it can exist. Maybe she’s right. But I’ll do whatever I can to prove her wrong. :keese:

I thought Christopher Noan’s “The Dark Knight Rises” portrayed Selina better than any previous cinematic incarnations. In that film, she was more than just an objectified cat burglar. She was a woman with a purpose; a profound purpose that the comics have been successfully conveying for decades. Although I admit they could have expanded her character much more than what made the final cut. I've yet to see an appropriate Catwoman on film.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
HaHaHa! Interesting question.

Well, personally, Harley has the more interesting character. Sadistically playful, creepily sexy, incessantly irritating... she's like Joker with boobs :P (sans the smexy) What's neat is that Joker seems to have genuine affection for her, and doesn't just use her and lead her on. Of course, she's useful. She's also her own sort of psychotic, not just someone Joker messed up.

I'm not one for clowns, in fact they scare the cripes outta me!! But Harley is one smexy beach. Depends on what she's wearing I guess. Arkham City leather, anyone?

Catwoman? Fascinating, to be sure. Robin Hood type without the pure altruism (gal's gotta eat). Again, like Batman without the superpowers, so that I dig. Has to make due with less fancy gadgets too. She makes for a good anti-hero, but ultimately her characterization isn't as interesting as Quinn's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom