• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cats vs Dogs

Cats vs Dogs

• Cats

• Dogs

• Other

• Both

• Turtles (for @Giri)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I have nothing against Cats, I've owned a cat and he was awesome, he passed away last year though, sadly.

Anyway, I prefer Dogs. In my experience, while you can train cats to obey you, they usually have a unique degree of free-will that you have to deal with. Dogs are more obediant. Prime example, there were times I'd try to get my cat to come to me by calling his name, but he wouldn't. However, if I called my Dog's name he would be at my side, unless something was really wrong with him.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Cats 1000%. When I was 3, I got attacked by a black lab and he literally ripped my bottom lip off, causing me to need plastic surgery on my face to fix the damage he had done. Because of that, I dislike 98% of dogs.

My cat Sarah was my soulmate and best friend of 20 years, I got her when I was 7 and she’s the reason why I love cats so much! I lost her in May of 2017, but I currently have three crazy boy kitties.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I have nothing against Cats, I've owned a cat and he was awesome, he passed away last year though, sadly.

Anyway, I prefer Dogs. In my experience, while you can train cats to obey you, they usually have a unique degree of free-will that you have to deal with. Dogs are more obediant. Prime example, there were times I'd try to get my cat to come to me by calling his name, but he wouldn't. However, if I called my Dog's name he would be at my side, unless something was really wrong with him.

I am so sorry he passed. My oldest cat who lived to 18 yrs old passed a few months ago :kawaii:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Cats 1000%. When I was 3, I got attacked by a black lab and he literally ripped my bottom lip off, causing me to need plastic surgery on my face to fix the damage he had done. Because of that, I dislike 98% of dogs.

My cat Sarah was my soulmate and best friend of 20 years, I got her when I was 7 and she’s the reason why I love cats so much! I lost her in May of 2017, but I currently have three crazy boy kitties.

oh my, that must have been a horrible experience!

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I so badly want a turtle or a python. Really low maintenance.
The only thing is.....pythons can be dangerous when you have a kid in the adjoining neighbourhood. If I get a python, I would name it Nagini else if I get a turtle (most probably). I will name him Mani koopa.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
While I like both, I've always felt that dogs are capable of a deeper level of relationship with their owners. Cats are certainly capable of displaying and maintaining a love for their owners but dogs seem to take it one step further from what I've seen. I would never agree that cats are cold-hearted and yetI can see why people claim they are. They aren't as emotionally intelligent and seem to look after those around them when it's convenient, whilst dogs make it their priority.

There's exceptions on both sides of course, I'm only speaking generally.
Dogs = total bros.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have a pug and they are my favourite creatures so I shall vote for doggos! I love both cats and dogs though and will happily pet either if I come across them in the street or people's houses.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love cats, but I'm a dog person at heart. You just can't beat cuddling with a dog after a long stressful day. Cats won't cuddle if they don't want to, and they'll make it very clear that they don't want to.

Cats 100%. I've only had bad experiences with dogs in the past. One of which, I was pulled into a stream/ditch while it was rainy and muddy by a dog I was walking, and the only way to get out was by pulling myself and the stupid thing up using thorny brambles. I was maybe 11-12 years old at the time.
Dogs are much too excitable, as well. I don't want to walk in somewhere and get someone's dirty mutt in my face.

Cats can be independent and reserved. I find that if a cat truly bonds with you, they're much more loyal than a dog.

Plus, cats are wayyy more relatable. Sleeps 14+ hours, hides from strangers, judges people silently and will potentially stab you if you upset it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Even though we grew up with dogs I voted for cats. Yeah humans are more the staff of cats while dogs aren't. But I chose cats. Plus Yuga is nearby while I type this so I obey to the cat master :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom