• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
caterinePhysical.jpg

If you're a fan of Persona or the Shin Megami Tensei games, then you're probably familiar with Catherine as that one quirky puzzle game about pushing blocks and talking to girls. Going just by the cover, that's the game at a glance.

Little do you know that beneath the sexualized cover and weird sheep imagery is an incredibly earnest game about sexuality, relationships, and holding onto friendships. I've described Catherine as the least anime anime game I've played. Despite its aesthetics, it's a serious game (with fantastical elements) about a guy going through relationship troubles. It's a weird game to describe without spoiling some of it's finer points.

To those who have played it: what were you experiences? What did you think o the game's themes? Did you prefer Catherine, Katherine, or Qatherine?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
To those who have played it: what were you experiences? What did you think o the game's themes? Did you prefer Catherine, Katherine, or Qatherine?
Quacktherine

initially I was just gonna get it on PS3 since that one's mega cheap but then it came to switch :eyes:
so I haven't gotten it at the moment but it's definitely on my radar

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I started the original version a while back. Still need to finish it. At the point I was at I didn't like Catherine or Katherine. So I had no clue who I would go with.

The puzzle aspect is a ton of fun. It takes some quick thinking. The story seems pretty great as well. I love the weirdness of it with the dream state, but the overall story is a fairly relatable one.

I also really love the aspect of answering questions and seeing the percentage of other players who picked each option.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Quacktherine

initially I was just gonna get it on PS3 since that one's mega cheap but then it came to switch :eyes:
so I haven't gotten it at the moment but it's definitely on my radar

I do really recommend the Full Body version. It offers so much more game that it just isn't worth it playing the original anymore.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ok this game was really something else, you know that typical gamer question of "If you can experience a game for the first time again, which game would it be?" I think nowadays I'd answer w/ this game, I was into it the whole time

I was a good lad and went for Katherine, but like w/ FE Three Houses, I absolutely plan to come back to do the other 2 and attempt their best endings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom