• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Catching Pokemon with Regular Poke Balls.

• Thread starter heroshadeshadow
  • Start date
H

heroshadeshadow

who here has caught every legendary with a normal poke ball. I have never done it on my first try, but i fiddle around with Pokemon that run away and disappear forever. You see, I would say catching Kyurem is the hardest to catch in a normal old Poke ball, but if i save before fighting a legendary if i lose i turn my DS off and turn it back on and am back at the place i saved before i battled and can do it over.:clap:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Do you know how little the chance of catching a legendary Pokemon with a regular Pokeball is? It depends on the Pokemon and the game but the odds are pretty darn astronomical. I don't have the patience to do it myself. I always use Ultra Balls and whatever other varieties of Pokeballs will help in the situation (i.e. Dusk Ball on a legendary in a cave).

Ultra balls and Timer balls are the ones I always use. Timer balls are pretty good considering most legendary pokemon take a while to catch and weaken anyway. In all honesty though, my most surprising catch, and shortest, was Rayquaza. No lie, I've experimented with this too several times, the premier ball catches Rayquaza the same way a Master Ball catches everything else.

On regular pokemon yes, but on Rayquaza, just throw it and it works. I didn't damage him, just started the battle and threw. I experimented with it several times to make sure it wasn't just a fluke. It wasn't, it worked everytime the same way.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Funny enough, I actually did catch Kyurem in a regular Pokeball. XD

It was my seventh try at catching the Pokemon. I had run out of Great, Ultra and Dusk balls, but still didn't want to use my Masterball so I started to chuck Pokeballs at it (because I had a lot of those at the time). Much to my surprise, the first Pokeball I threw caught the dragon. o_O

It was amusingly odd. XD

I haven't done it with every legendary though...I find the Ultraballs are the most useful for catching them apart from the Masterball.

Y

Yoshi

Ultra balls double the catch rate, great ball increase by 50%. Thats 2 pokeballs for every ultra ball. catching legends in pokeballs is not hard, u just gotta have patience. Heavy balls are great for catching legendarys, as it adds to the catch rate instead of multiplying, and considering how low the catch rate is on legendarys, adding gives a much larger bonus than multiplying.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I have only caught two legendary Pokemon with the pokeball. Mewtwo, and moltres in fire red. It really wasn't difficult.

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
Capturing Legendary pokemon in a pokeball must me a great achievement of battling against the odds doing it successfully. I always have trouble capturing rare pokemon like Magmar and Electabuzz in the past.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
In Pokemon Soulsilver, I had encountered Suicune. I had used 20 or something Ultra Balls and ran out. I ran out of every single kind I had, excpet the regular ones. So, I had to resort to using regular Poke Balls, and amazingly, the first one I threw worked.

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
In that box at the other end of the hallway.
i've never caught all of them, but there was one time when i really hated a legendary (Zekrom), so i threw a poke ball out of spite (at full heath cause my ds was running out of power, with no status effects.)And i caught it! 2nd try too! so i named my zekrom "Pride".

H

heroshadeshadow

Every single one with a poke ball .
not all of them, just the one i really really want to the time to. Once it took me forever to get Groudon on a regular poke ball but i did it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom