• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Casual Listening of VG OSTs

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As a nerd in both the music and gaming industries, it is natural that I would hold a particular affinity for the music of video games.

The video game industry arguably holds the single most expansive and eclectic library of OSTs (original soundtracks) across all visual media, a blanket term which includes films and television shows. This is a fairly bold statement to make, but I think it holds up pretty well. There are thousands upon thousands of games around the world, and almost every single one has a unique soundtrack to accompany it. Beyond the scale of the industry, the style of music is so incredibly diverse between different games that there is generally something to love for everyone.

Are you someone who listens to video game music casually? Perhaps you're like me and it sneaks its way into your everyday listening playlists. Perhaps it's most of what you listen to. Maybe you just seek it out every once in a while. Or maybe you don't listen to it at all outside of the games they are heard in. I find that there is a ton of video game music that can appeal to everyone, casuals and nerds alike, which is why it is such a great industry.

Additionally, what are some of the soundtracks you find yourself listening to the most?

King Link

The Hero of the Kingdom
I agree with you 100% not just because I'm a lover of gaming music and its everywhere with me but also it is so diverse like said .
Just look at my spotify list is one thing look
Screenshot 2024-09-03 19.10.02.png
There so many different genres of music there! :ham:

Reiquel

Pilot of Evangelion Unit 00
Besides Zelda, Final Fantasy, Mana, and Megaman have excellent soundtracks.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I don't listen to songs too frequently but if I do, 90% chance it'll be something from a game, there's a ton of good game songs that just work as a background tune, usually a level/area theme or something

what I listen to tends to change around, but one series that I've returned to the most the past year or so has been Phantasy Star Online

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
I think Video Game music csn be better than movies!

Favorites of Mine:

Epilouge -Halo 2
The Maw -Halo Combat Evolved
Blow Me Away -Halo 2/ Breaking Benjamin
Gerudo Valley -OoT
Marin’s Song -LInk’s Awakening
Kokiri Forest -OoT
Temple of Time -OoT
Shadow Temple -OoT
Fable Theme -Danny Elfman
Live and Learn -Sonic Adventure 2
City Escape -Sonic Adventure 2
Radical Highway -Sonic Adventure 2
I Am All of Me -Shadow The Hesgehog

Personally I listen more to these than movie soundtracks nowadays, I listened to those a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom