• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Castlevania

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I looove the Castlevania series. My favorite one, even though it's widely disliked, is Curse of Darkness. I can't help that Isaac is super pretty *__* <3
I admit that it's not that wonderful of a game though. I also like AoS a lot as well but Soma made me rage until he was in the mid-40's since his stupid self kept dying D<

ISAAAAC!If I was a chick, I would marry him, he's so cool*.*

I never died in AoS, not even against the game's hardest boss: Balore

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Can somebody give me a couple of good tips for Order of Ecclesia?
I'm now at the part where Albus just absorbed the glyph Dominus.

1. Like, how to make easy money, righ now i'm using the R button glyph that ups money.
2. What is the use of rotten meat, it nearly kills me and i can't sell it for a decent price.
3. Is it worth buying the Ruby/Shappire/Emerald rings?
4. Any good hidden glyph that i should know of?

I haven't played the old school Castlevania games at all, so I can't really judge what's the best style.

But putting that aside, my favorite Castlevania game is Aria of Sorrow. I played Shympony of the Night, and to be honest, I thought it was pretty boring after the first impression. The game just gets too easy at a certain point, and re-exploring the castle upsidedown isn't that interesting. The story is pretty good but it's pace is VERY SLOW (sometimes, hours of gameplay pass through without a single story development). Now, the bosses are really awesome (although easy), the music is marvelous, and the scenarios/graphics are top notch.

AoS has all the good points of SotN, without it's weaknesses. Sad that it's just a GBA title.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I had a castlevania for the PS2 that I sold, then I bought another one called Curse of Darkness? It's where you get to train little devils that help you during your questing. I also had one for the N64, but don't remember the name. My favorite would be Curse of Darkness, if that's the game's title.

CZG

I have only played that SNES game and I thought it was pretty decent. I didn't like it as much as AoL, but it was still pretty good. I quite liked the chain / hookshot effect and the game made you feel pretty good in combat. You should get Turtles 1 for the NES too, if you liked the sidescrolling terror.

PS1) If you can get your hands on Wonderboy in Monsterland... Play that too. But it's no Nintendo game. It was on the Commodore 64. You can problably just download it, but I haven't checked yet. I though it was great.

PS2) What happened to Castlevania 2? You didn't like it?
Is it a top-down view game? I know it's not, but we are on a Zelda site right?

:rolleyes:I love Castlevania. At least the old school games. I bought Castlevania 1, 3, and 4 from Virtual Console and really like them. I personally prefer the linear sidescrolling style of the older games to the "Metroidvania" games as some call them.

completely agree with you, if i wanna play metroid ill play metroid.

my favourite is super castlevania 4, its just amazing
then castlevania 1 then 3 then 2 (terribly flawed and horrible bosses but just had a nice feeling when playing it) and the rest im not too interested in them, i tried almost all the new ones out and theyre ok but nowhere near as good as the first 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom