• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cassarilla's Art and Speedpaint Thread

Thought I'd start a thread and update this whenever I make new Zelda related fanart.
I also do speedpaints most of the time so I'll put those here too. :)
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 7.08.37 PM.png

Yahaha! It was only a matter of time before I tried to draw one of these cute little guys!
Maybe someday I'll find them all in BOTW. I'm just running around and finding them randomly instead of using the maps online. I find it to be pretty relaxing.

Speedpaint:

Your art is amazing! I can only draw traditional, I have no idea how to draw digitally. Your Korok is so cute!

Is digital art hard? because some day I would like to use it, but I have no how to tho ;-;
Thank you so much! I actually prefer digital art, because I like using layers. I also love the undo function when I mess up. lol I don't think it's necessarily "harder" than traditional art, but it is different. It takes some getting used to. Now that I'm used to digital art I actually find it easier.

Just in case you're wondering what I use personally, the program being used here is Photoshop CC. The tablet I use is an Small Intuos tablet, the older version (2013 I think) I've had it for years. Some people prefer to use an iPad or a tablet with a screen. I have not used those but it does seem like it would be a bit more convenient than a tablet without a screen like mine. The tablet I bought was a cheaper option at the time.

My tablet is like this one, but it has much more wear and tear. lol
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 7.41.06 PM.png

I still feel like I'm learning, and I don't think anyone should ever stop doing that. If you have more questions to ask feel free! I'll try to answer the best that I can.

Wind Waker Link WinkScreen Shot 2020-02-05 at 1.33.09 PM.png

This was definitely one of those times where I sat down to draw something and it just wasn't working out the way I hoped or envisioned. For me when I feel that looming art block the best thing to do is just FINISH SOMETHING. Instead of giving into that feeling of "I suck and I can't do this" and falling into that mindset for a period of time, I need to just have something completed. Basically, it's as satisfying as punching that negative voice in the face. Although this isn't exactly what envisioned, I do like how it turned out. Here's the speed paint, along with some thoughts along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom