• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Card or Cash?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I prefer to use card mostly, it is easier when you use contactless payment and when ordering online it is the only option. I dont really do many activities that require me to pay with cash but I do take some with me everywhere just in case.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I really hate using my debit card since that's my money that I'm using to get to New Zealand, I try to keep that money separate since I have another bank account (my student one) where I have most of the money that I deem semi-disposable. I don't have all that much in the student one though since I drew it all out in cash.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I use card wherever I can as I don't feel comfortable carrying around much cash and risking loosing it or having it stolen when there is no need for that. I just carry a small amount of cash for the odd places that still don't accept card.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Always my card. I never carry cash with me. I don't want to risk to get it stolen from me plus almost all stores prefer payment by cards. The only time I would need cash is at work if I want to buy a coke which I never do anyways.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
almost exclusively card. cash doesn't have a rewards program. i'm not one to spend more than $100 a month on non-essential expenses unless i've planned for them anyway so i never charge more than i can pay for at the end of the month when the statement arrives.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
I believe in cash>card, however the whole losing your wallet having it get stolen argument is a good and valid reason to be skeptical of carrying a lot of cash. Also, cash makes that wallet uncomfortably fat. The idea that I usually keep cash off my books makes it disposable to myself.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I like using cash, mainly because it's nice to have a tangible reminder that I'm actually spending money. The only downside is that the US coin system gives far too many worthless coins so I end up losing some money by losing track of change.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I like using cash, mainly because it's nice to have a tangible reminder that I'm actually spending money. The only downside is that the US coin system gives far too many worthless coins so I end up losing some money by losing track of change.

i have a giant mug i toss loose change in on my dresser. when it fills, i take it to the bank where they have an automated coin counter that deposits the total into your account.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I prefer cash, as I know for sure exactly how much I have, and know for a fact that it won't be denied. I use my card as well, but there's always that unnecessary fear of embarrassment.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I tend to pay by card a lot more, but I do prefer to pay in cash. I'm far less likely to blow my budget if I can see it and know exactly how much I have left to spend.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I pay with cash if I have any, but I use my card most of the time because I do a lot of my shopping online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom