• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Card or Cash?

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I always use my cards. Mainly because I always get a nice hefty cash back bonus every month. :D

I don't usually carry cash with me. When I do it's because I withdrew it for a specific purchase and am about to spend it. I like knowing that if my wallet was stolen I could make a couple phone calls and not lose any money. Plus if I don't use my debit card 10 times I month I get charged a fee, and my credit card has cash back rewards on it, so I use that too, though I've been trying to cut down.

My bf uses cash all the time but his debit card is so old that half the time it doesn't work at checkout and he's constantly buying tiny things like energy drinks at corner markets. I think it really just depends on how you best budget yourself. Cash in hand for me is money spent, so I try to only have on me what I'm willing to spend on frivolous nonsense. For other people a credit card is too much of a temptation.

Dan

Cash. puely because I love cutting myself a tad bit to pour my blood on the money, then seeing the looks of the shop keep. Pure fun :D

Very rarely do I carry cash anymore, mainly because of where I live (metropolitan Detroit area) and the rising crime rate in my area; not to mention having to rely on public transportation 99% of the time to get from place to place. As such, I carry around my debit cards—one for "business" and the other for "leisure"—and use them to make purchases when needed. Back to the crime thing: not only does this reduce the chances of my getting mugged, but it also makes managing my cash much easier, especially when walking, catching buses, and riding cab—oftentimes at night. I often withdraw cash from ATMs solely for bus and cab fare...

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I prefer cash, simply because I know how much of it I have at all times. I have a slight paranoia of being in a busy line and having my card fail on me. It hasn't happened so far, but I like using cash better.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I always use my card. I hardly carry cash with me. Only when I buy something I know they don't accept other payments than cash. I don't like having cash with me. Because not only do I have to store it in my inner coat pocket but it also makes noise when I walk. So nope just the card

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I prefer cash most of the time. I feel uneasy whenever I use my debit card to pay for anything, and even more uneasy when I'm holding someone else's. And as a waitress that has to deal people paying for their meal via debit/credit card, it stresses me out a bit. Cash is much more simple & reliable.

cash is way more likely to get stolen. cards all the wayyy.

interesting side note: i buy so much stuff online i know my card number off by heart at this point =x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom