• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Capturing Method

How do you catch you Pokemon? I usually try stuff like net balls and pokeballs on legendaries. I know its weird, but its fun to say you caught mewtwo in a pokeball!

I usually just use the highest form of regular balls that can be purchased at that point in the game. In the beginning I use Pokeballs; then Great Balls; then Ultra Balls. I rarely ever use anything besides Ultra Balls once I can get them, besides the Master Ball.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I dunno. Randomly I guess. Whatever I have in stock is what I usually use. That follows the game flow so high level get the ultra ball treatment.

However I got Zekrom in a normal Pokeball when I couldn't catch it in the Ultra ball. Similarly I caught Rayquaza in Ultra ball while it was in yellow health but when I tried to while it was in red health I couldn't catch it. Weird huh?

Also to add I do use the specialty balls occasionally.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I'm boring and use Ultra Balls. I wish you could change the Pokeballs out after you catch the Pokemon. This way you could have them all in normal looking Pokeballs.

In the begging of the game I only use the normal pokeballs. After that I use great balls, net balls and underwater balls.

I chuck Quick Balls in the first 3 turns and if that fails i just lower there health and try pokeballs until ihave no more! :P

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i use Pokeballs for most of it because they're cheap, then move on to Great/Ultraballs once my funds have increased. whether or not you catch a pokemon is purely down to chance so it's not like you catching Mewtwo with a pokeball is a display of skill, just luck. put them to sleep, get their health down as far as possible and keep lobbing balls at them.

Being how I play the game mostly at night I tend to use Dusk balls, this is also useful as most legendaries appear in areas the game considers to be a cave. I usually save my Masterballs for roamers.

On a side note I did catch a fully awake Mewtwo in a pokeball at full health when I threw the ball as a joke.

I usually try stuff like net balls and pokeballs on legendaries. I know its weird

I wouldn't say it's weird, I'd say it's a good challenge to catch every Pokémon you come across in a Pokéball. I do it all the time and it's quite fun.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
I like putting Pokemon in balls that sort of suit their personalities. Like, for example, if I'm catching Pokemon in the Entralink Forest, when it's a sure thing, I'll catch dark-types in Dusk Balls, water/bug-types in Net Balls, etcetera.

My event Zorua was in a Dusk Ball, and it's cool having the dark aura circle around him when I send him out and Illusion isn't active.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I use what ever seems to work best or what I have on hand if I am too lazy to go buy some.

I have a friend that only uses pokeballs and never runs away from a fight. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom