• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Can't initiate amiibo rune

Hey there, I started using amiibos when I was pretty far into the game, but now my husband is wanting to use them for his game. The problem we are having is that when we try to turn on the option to use it it just says "don't use amiibo". It says it's too early in the game to use it but we've already acquired 2 tunes. Any ideas why we can't use them yet?

I'll try again but I also tried on my son's game, he had the paraglider but it still didn't work...maybe you have to be off the plateau first?

I figured it out...I just had to click on it. Durrrrr...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you can scan in amiibo while on the Plateau, but that's in the case that you return later. You may be required to leave the first time; I'm not sure. But also, make sure there's enough room for the chest(s) to spawn. There should be an x indicator if there's not enough space. That was my issue when I first tried the amiibo rune.

GMO

In order to activate the amiibo rune, you must complete the first shrine Oman Au. After completing it, save the game and you can now activate the rune. The game need you to activate the rune section of the slate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom