• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Canon so terrible you pretended it never happened

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Making the Doctor into an unkillable christ figure as well as a moral coward in the series 11 finale (oh, killing the zombified people on this planet is evil, oh wait, someone ELSE will sacrifice themselves to the planet destroying bomb, ok, I guess I'll leave and let him do that then).

Chibnall is a hack.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I haven't even read it but the plot holes the cursed child caused for Harry Potter, why couldn't have just been a fun non canon play that is not canon like A Very Potter Musical.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The Star Wars sequel trilogy, first off. I would say anything Disney in Star Wars, but the Mandolorian is legitimately good. Aside from that pre-disney canon is what I go by. Yes Mara Jade, you can exist.
After that, the sequel to Jack & Daxter. The first game was just this kid and his weasel friend, going around this tropic island, beating up monsters and whatnot. But then the second one... dark city future, torture/experimentation, running from the system... it was just a very dramatic turn which completely horrifyed me and didn't fit into the dynamic of the first game at all.
And finally, Beast Machines. This show takes place after Beast Wars, which is a show that came out after og Transformers and takes place in the future/past (it's kind of hard to explain). Anyway, Beast Wars had a good ending. Beast Machines completely crushed that, ripped up the main characters, and shoved them into a weird plot with environmental themes on a planet that is literally called CYBERtron. Needless to say a lot of fans don't like it, and prefer to leave things where Beast Wars left off.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
After that, the sequel to Jack & Daxter. The first game was just this kid and his weasel friend, going around this tropic island, beating up monsters and whatnot. But then the second one... dark city future, torture/experimentation, running from the system... it was just a very dramatic turn which completely horrifyed me and didn't fit into the dynamic of the first game at all.
we shan't forget jak's first words

Honestly I can’t think of much…maybe only a few things here or there.

I know I really am not fond of the “official” Zelda timeline, especially when it’s been stated in said book that it’s not really set in stone and they want to leave interpretation up to fans. Hastily thrown together, inconsistency everywhere, and I was never a fan of more than a single timeline to begin with so them throwing an arbitrary third one out of nowhere when at least the split was based on a rational concept was it for me. Thankfully it seems they’ve sorta used BotW as a “soft reboot” where it may take place so long after everything else that old canon doesn’t matter much beyond the basics.

A smaller Zelda related thing would be the hero’s shade…I just find that entire idea dumb. The armor looks stupid as hell and I’d rather Link just not talk regardless of whether he’s a protagonist or NPC.

Metal Gear Solid V is a dumpster fire I just can’t get behind, especially when all the potential it had from the start was quickly thrown out and replaced with half baked ideas that MGS2 did far better years before. Nobody asked for this and yet many of its fans give Kojima far more credit than he deserves for a twist people saw coming long before release and that many downplayed because it was such a stupid idea in the first place.

Nowhere near as bad as those others, but I remember reading about a supposed novelization for another ending to Nier Automata after the final one in game. I don’t even recall the details too well but I’d rather ending E be it and let players imagine what happens after themselves.

I might be getting a bit ahead of myself, but I doubt I’ll enjoy much of anything about the Saints Row reboot. I wasn’t even a fan of 3, 4 was a little better in some ways, and Gat out of Hell I kinda just accepted by then so long as it kinda reset the universe. But in retrospect it really wasn’t worth it for whatever the hell this new garbage is. I’ll likely just ignore it.

Lastly, now that I’ve thought of it, Halo 4 and beyond don’t really matter to me, but then I really don’t plan to pick up the series again anyway. 4 itself was clunky here and there but showed some promise, but 5 was pretty terrible, and from what I’ve seen of Infinite trying to fix those issues by sweeping them under the rug hasn’t gone very well either unfortunately. I’m fine with thinking of Reach as my last experience with those games.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I wouldn’t be surprised if Katrielle and the Millionaire’s conspiracy and it’s follow up anime series is what ultimately killed Level-5. They’re such a garbage pair of media that they completely ruined Layton as a character, and the cliffhanger that Unwound Future left off on. Removing the main character and completely replacing him with an irredeemably annoying anime protagonist stereotype is a surefire way to kill sales of your most iconic franchise.

Obviously the Star Wars Sequels are bad, but let’s not forget that the prequels are also complete garbage. The writing and plot are so awful that it’s legitimately painful to watch. Not anywhere near as bad as Disney Star Wars, but still awful.

Other M doesn’t even need any explanation.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I don't acknowledge that the Hobbit movies exist, though, granted, the films aren't strictly canon regarding Tolkien's Legendarium.

The book is still fantastic, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom