• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Cannot save any progress

I just bought Age of Calamity for my sons and they cannot seem to save their progress (at all). The Google Gods seem to suggest that I should be able to find a"Save" feature off of the System Menu ("-" button) but when we hit that button we only see two menu options: Tutorials and Options, but no Save. Any ideas -- thanks!

aoc.jpg

I'm seeing blurbs on reddit and other places that indicate that you actually cannot save while inside of battle mode...please tell me thats not true! That can't possibly be true!!! The game opens inside of a battle and after playing it for close to 30 minutes we still haven't "beaten" the first battle/level/milestone. Please don't tell me the game developers actually thought it would be a good user experience to force players to play for any length of time inside of battles before they're allowed to save...

The original Hyrule Warriors had a function to suspend your in-battle progress as a temporary save accessed through the starting screen, that would be then deleted upon loading it up again. But I don't think Age of Calamity kept it. Which to be honest, was an incredibly stupid decision because this game's maps take a lot longer than the first Hyrule Warriors maps did as far as I'm concerned, and it would have benefitted from such a feature.

What you may have to do instead is just put the system in sleep or suspend the software without closing it, but this will prevent you from being able to use other software/play other games in the meantime.

Thanks @Fraxinus and WOW what an awful user experience. Would not have bought the game if I had known that. These battles take a long time to get through and as a user I don't like to be forced to play for a certain (any) amount of time. Yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom