• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Canned Foods

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Alright so I was needing some food to satisfy my hunger and we didn't have any snickers around. We did have Campbells Chunky soups though. Sirloin burger with Country vegetables, or Grilled chicken and sausage Gumbo... I went for the sirloin. WHERE THE **** IS THE SIRLOIN IN THIS THING. IT'S ALL VEGETABLES.

Anyway, what canned items have you been happy with, and what canned items have you been disappointed with?

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Well, the only canned food that I ever ate was corn soup. It's nothing bad, it's just normal soup with a lot of corn which is delicious. Other than that, I never had a stupid canned soup that I'll be disappointed with.

Big Octo

=^)
I'm happy with things like spaghetti-os, as well as the occasional canned ravioli or macaroni and cheese. I haven't really had any canned food that I didn't enjoy, because if it sounds like it doesn't belong in a can, I don't buy it...

wait, I forgot my favorite canned food
tumblr_liofnprPmO1qh2koq.png

Last edited:

bunny

birb overlord
I really don't care for canned food... I mean, I'll eat it, but I prefer fresh foods. I know that sounds picky, but meh... If I'm going to pay for something, I'd rather spend a little more to get something that isn't processed and make it myself. I used to eat canned fruit a lot, but most of the time they're soaking in syrup and now that just grosses me out. As for other canned foods like soup... Eh... I guess I can tolerate certain brands, but for the most part, I still prefer fresh food.

Ugh, I sound so picky. ;_;

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I like Progresso canned soup. That stuff is alright. I also like canned beef stew. I like some canned vegetables like green beans. But other than that, I can't really think of many canned foods I like. I prefer fresh food. It generally tastes better.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't actually eat any tinned food. Have a weird thing about tinned, I don't like them. The only tinned stuff in the cupboards is Tuna, otherwise, nopes! We used to get tinned soup and was happy with that, was quite yummy, but then I learnt how to cook soup. I just Skyrim'd it, hit level 100, so, I prefer to make a big pot of soup that'll last, which is so much cheaper than a tin which'll give just 1 bowl.

So yus. I weird.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I looove tuna!! If there is no tuna in the house, I get mad. It's one of my favourite things to snack on when I'm hungry. Just go to the pantry, and open up a nice can of tuna. It's quick, easy, and it tastes delicious!

I also really enjoy canned soups, like Campbell's soup. Stick it on the stove for a bit, and you've got a nice quick meal that tastes great!

Pretty much the only thing I refuse to eat out of a can is vegetables. Canned vegetables just don't taste the same as fresh vegetables. I personally find all types of canned veggies to be absolutely disgusting.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Biggest Octo ninja'd my pic before I even thought of it. :/

anyway, campbells chicken noodle soup is derish. Maruchan cup noodles (well they're vacuum packed so does that count?) have been eaten. I also enjoyed the good stuff. But that's about it; I don't eat much canned food anyway, and what little I do is stuff like peas but that's probably once a year IF that.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I do eat foods from a can almost everyday. I do sometimes cook whatever is in it like Beans, Chili, etc. It's not that bad once you get used to it. Pretty good to eat. I do also like canned fruits, but the juice in the cans kinda disgust me.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
My cupboards are stocked full of canned veggies. I add a can of them to just about every meal I make. There's some soups mixed in there as well, but I'm not much of a soup eater. Also, canned chicken is the best chicken for making ranch chicken salad sandwiches. I've tried fresh before, but it's just not the same.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Beans mostly. I cook a lot with cannellini beans in Italian recipes and they're not often available even at farmer's markets. I also prefer petite diced tomatoes because I friggen hate chopping tomatoes.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I don't really eat anything canned either. I make all my food fresh. I don't think there's anything wrong with canned food, but now that I can cook I prefer just to make all my food myself. I get more for the same price, and can flavor it the way I want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom