• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Canadian Mafia II - Endgame

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
This is an interesting question.
Did you block someone?
Rather not say anything until I can be sure of something one way or another.
Just want to check before I claim my night role.

He was one of two people, three counting me, that went to Minish during the night phase.

As for his extra vote I think he mentioned it in an earlier post. Which I'm going to have to look for.
I think that was Chevy you're thinking of with the extra vote. It was used on Zinger and again on Rag though I believe he mentioned it was a one-shot but on that I'm not sure, just going off memory.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Rather not say anything until I can be sure of something one way or another.
Just want to check before I claim my night role

There's a reason I asked if anyone had blocked anyone at the beginning of the day.
I feel like we might just go in circles here so I'll just go ahead and claim. I had a vig shot that I used on Chevy.

He was on both Storm and Rag and seemed to be flip flopping more than usual to me and I knew I wouldn't be able to read him well. Also I had a lot of pairings with Chevy on d2 that I felt weren't scum/scum so if he flipped scum I felt like we'd have a lot of info.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
There's a reason I asked if anyone had blocked anyone at the beginning of the day.
I feel like we might just go in circles here so I'll just go ahead and claim. I had a vig shot that I used on Chevy.

He was on both Storm and Rag and seemed to be flip flopping more than usual to me and I knew I wouldn't be able to read him well. Also I had a lot of pairings with Chevy on d2 that I felt weren't scum/scum so if he flipped scum I felt like we'd have a lot of info.
Does mafia have to nightkill? If so, does that mean Minish just also happened to target Chevy?

@Killjoy262, pay attention. I didn't have a vote skill, I had a Bodyguard skill (which was discussed at length during Day 2, so I don't know how you missed that). I tried to protect Minish last Night because Minish was giving me my strongest Town read. The fact that I am still alive means Minish was not a target of a NK, because if she was I would have died in her stead.

@Minish, you're claiming responsibility for the Chevy kill. Great. That means one of three things. Either: 1) Mafia failed to submit a target (and we should start lynching lurkers), 2) Mafia's kill was blocked (this is growing less and less likely by the hour as no one is claiming responsibility for blocking/protecting), or 3) you and ExLight are Mafia and this is some elaborate ploy.

Ex will have to be lynched at some point to confirm his town cop read on Minish, but that doesn't NEED to be toDay unless we're already in LyLo, which I haven't bothered to check if we are but I doubt. For now, we should hit a Lurker, I guess?

v1.bjszMTk2MDE7ajsxODg1ODsxMjAwOzM1MDQ7MTc1Mg

(The Number 23 is a highly underrated Jim Carrey movie)

Placeholder Vote: ExLight

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Minish, you're claiming responsibility for the Chevy kill. Great. That means one of three things. Either: 1) Mafia failed to submit a target (and we should start lynching lurkers), 2) Mafia's kill was blocked (this is growing less and less likely by the hour as no one is claiming responsibility for blocking/protecting), or 3) you and ExLight are Mafia and this is some elaborate ploy.

It's also possible that my target and mafia target overlapped, but Chevy seems like a weird mafia target to me with how back and forth he was.

(The Number 23 is a highly underrated Jim Carrey movie)

Jim Carrey is his hottest in The Number 23 don't @ me.

It's also possible that my target and mafia target overlapped, but Chevy seems like a weird mafia target to me with how back and forth he was.
This is also technically possible, though I discounted it as likely because Chevy seemed highly suspect to me and if I were Mafia I'd have pegged him as an easy-to-mislynch player worth keeping around. Then again, maybe the Mafia were afraid of his double-vote, but that seems also a lot less likely because they should have known it was temporary. Still, you're right, it is technically a 4th possibility.

Jim Carrey is his hottest in The Number 23 don't @ me.
High-five. :ghello:

a-rough-start-1538655233.jpg

Vote: MapelSerup

pay attention. I didn't have a vote skill, I had a Bodyguard skill (which was discussed at length during Day 2, so I don't know how you missed that). I tried to protect Minish last Night because Minish was giving me my strongest Town read. The fact that I am still alive means Minish was not a target of a NK, because if she was I would have died in her stead.
I realized that as soon as VM mentioned such. I couldn't get around to it due to the weather causing internet issues

funnier6

Courage~
Yeah okay hard day at work time for sleep here’s your question QUESTION: Founded (and headquartered) in Edmonton by University of Alberta alumni, this video game developer - now a subsidiary of Electronic Arts - is responsible for the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series along with the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Now, SMS is the top of my list. Few posts with very little contribution. NGL, I admit, even my po
I’m gonna let Trist mess with flavor later cause I ain’t got time fo dat lol

Ya boi Chevy has died. He was a good Canadian boi

DAY HAS POLITELY STARTED

With 8 alive it takes 5 to reach majority, otherwise day ends in 60 (ish) hours like normal

Sms has asked to be replaced
Now thinking about it, Funnier, you fotgot to add a list of everyone that's still alive!

vote funnier :lol:

I have a much better understanding of the game than I did during the previous Days, and now that I actually know enough to form my own opinion, respectfully, I think y'all were very wrong about the whole hush-hush business surrounding the questions.

Think about it, yeah okay, keeping it to yourself if you did or did not answer a question correctly in time does help hide the power roles, but that doesn't actually matter when the Mafia are just as likely of obtaining these powers as we are. No, rather, I think it's better if we full-claim all the time to keep that information out in the open. Someone you're suspicious of just nabbed a roleblocker skill? All the more reason tto lynch them before they get a chance to use it! Does someone else you got a town read on have a cop skill? Well, now you know who to use that doc skill you got on. The Mafia are already working with more information than we have, I don't see the harm in giving them a little bit more if it gives us a LOT more. It can help us to hold people with skills more accountable for their actions before they actually get to use them, and it can even give us a heads up on if the Mafia gets a skill by the purview of if someone decides not to come forward we can assume they are Mafia.

Obviously, if I'm the only one who feels this way, I won't force my views on all of you, but I just think that the call to hide this intel is actually wrong and we should rethink it.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2FNetwork%2FImages%2F2017%2F04%2F20%2F10%2F11%2FJimCarreyFIX2004_2.jpg

Vote: SMS

Think about it, yeah okay, keeping it to yourself if you did or did not answer a question correctly in time does help hide the power roles, but that doesn't actually matter when the Mafia are just as likely of obtaining these powers as we are. No, rather, I think it's better if we full-claim all the time to keep that information out in the open. Someone you're suspicious of just nabbed a role blocker skill? All the more reason to lynch them before they get a chance to use it! Does someone else you got a town read on have a cop skill? Well, now you know who to use that doc skill you got on. The Mafia are already working with more information than we have, I don't see the harm in giving them a little bit more if it gives us a LOT more. It can help us to hold people with skills more accountable for their actions before they actually get to use them, and it can even give us a heads up on if the Mafia gets a skill by the purview of if someone decides not to come forward we can assume they are Mafia.

Obviously, if I'm the only one who feels this way, I won't force my views on all of you, but I just think that the call to hide this intel is actually wrong and we should rethink it.
Yeah, but, what if, say, hypothetically I claim role blocker, yet because some folks already sus me, and vote me. I'm close to majority vote, Someone else gets cop role, but right as soon as they're about to mention that their willing to investigate me, they've been ninja'd causing me to hit maj. I think some folks, myself included are a bit weary of such an outcome.

funnier6

Courage~
Sexy Vote Count 3.1

Spiritual Mask Salesman
(2) - (Zinger, Killjoy)

Not Voting (6) - (Minish, Ex, Funnygurl, Sms, Viral, Mapel)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to reach majority otherwise day ends in about 55 hours ish

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom