• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Canadian Mafia II - Endgame

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
All D2 questions and correct answers:

This master of illusion, abandoning a desired career in piano playing, turned to the subtle art of sleight of hand and went on to fool Penn & Teller twice before proceeding to win America’s Got Talent... twice. - Shin Lim. A well known magician by now thanks to his highly successful America's Got Talent run, in which he won the main competition and then won America's Got Talent: The Champions immediately afterward. While he considers himself an American, he was actually born in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Once the largest shopping mall in the world, and until recently the largest in North America, this massive shopping and entertainment complex is home to the world’s largest indoor wave pool, the world’s largest indoor man-made lake, and was the site of a fatal 1986 roller coaster crash that changed the future of amusement park safety protocols worldwide. - West Edmonton Mall. Owned by the same people who own the current largest mall in North America, the Mall of America, which was fully inspired by West Edmonton Mall. West Ed is home to the world's largest indoor wave pool, which is located within the World Waterpark, which was also the largest indoor waterpark until fairly recently. The mall is also home to Galaxyland Amusement Park, a fully functional skating rink, 2 mini golf courses, and a full scale replica of Christopher Columbus's ship the Santa Maria. In 1986, 3 people were killed at Galaxyland when a car on the infamous Mindbender roller coaster lost a wheel and violently fishtailed behind the rest of the train. The incident set new standards all over the world for amusement park ride inspections and maintenance.
The longest bridge in Canada at 12.9km long, this bridge connects the Canadian provinces of Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick. - Confederation Bridge. Completed in 1997, this bridge directly linked Prince Edward Island with the Canadian mainland for the very first time - prior, the island province was only accessible via ferry service.
After certain members of this historic colony - the location of which would later become the province of Nova Scotia - were deported back to France in the Great Expulsion, some were brought by the Spanish to what is now the American state of Louisiana and acted as ancestors of modern day Cajun culture. - Acadia. Many people currently living in Louisiana are quite possibly descendants of the Acadians. The Great Expulsion occurred between 1755-1764 and was when the British forcibly removed the Acadian people from their land in what is now Nova Scotia (along with parts of New Brunswick and the state of Maine). Some of the Acadians were taken by the Spanish to Louisiana and are partially responsible for what was to become Cajun culture.

This makes my sexy assistant an honourary Canadian UwU
You oughta know this 90s pop icon, who at the age of 21 became the youngest person at the time to win the Grammy Award for Album of the Year. - Alanis Morissette. Her first two albums were moderate successes in Canada, but her third album Jagged Little Pill propelled her to international fame, becoming one of the best selling albums of all time and winning the Grammy award for album of the year, making her the youngest person (at the time) to win such an award. The album spawned such hits as "You Oughta Know", "Ironic", and "You Learn".

Fun fact: This is the first question I wrote in preparation for this game!
This is the name for a secret network of trails that escaped American slaves commonly used to come into Canada, a place where they were guaranteed relative freedom. - The Underground Railroad. While most of the New England states were "free" states, any slaves who escaped from their plantation could still legally be captured by their owners so long as they were within American borders. Once they crossed into the colonies of present day Canada, where slavery had been abolished completely by the 1830s (still too late, if you ask me, though it was hardly practiced anymore even by then), they could no longer be captured. This is what spurred the existence of the Underground Railroad, which is not actually a railroad but a secret network through which they could be safely transported across the border. Two of the most important cities to this network were Cleveland, Ohio and Buffalo, New York, both of which were somewhat used as hubs.
A polarizing figure in Canada’s history, this leader of the Métis - a group of Indigenous peoples descended from French settlers who had married Indigenous women - and the Red River colony (now Winnipeg, Manitoba) was executed in 1885 after a series of resistances against the newly formed Canadian government, the first of which was known as the Red River Rebellion of 1869. - Louis Riel. He was the leader of the Métis people, who had formed a colony around the Red River, which is now Winnipeg, Manitoba. He rebelled against the government of Canada several times, which led to his banishment to the United States. After he returned, he spurred a series of rebellions - some quite violent - which eventually led to him being publicly executed via hanging in 1885. He is directly responsible for the creation of Manitoba as a province.

Now, for today's random fact, the city of Vancouver has one of the largest film industries in North America, trailing behind Los Angeles and New York, leading to it receiving the nickname of "Hollywood North". Some noteworthy things that have been filmed in the area include:
  • Deadpool/Deadpool 2
  • The Final Destination series
  • The Twilight Saga
  • Elf
  • Night at the Museum
  • Planet of the Apes series
  • Riverdale
  • X-Files
  • Arrow
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix series)
  • Countless more
The city has been disguised as New York City and Los Angeles many times because it is generally cheaper to film there than in the American equivalents.

funnier6

Courage~
I’m gonna let Trist mess with flavor later cause I ain’t got time fo dat lol

Ya boi Chevy has died. He was a good Canadian boi

DAY HAS POLITELY STARTED

With 8 alive it takes 5 to reach majority, otherwise day ends in 60 (ish) hours like normal

Sms has asked to be replaced

I will say that I did get a watcher skill yesterday and used it to peep on Minish (don't ask me why, it was originally going to be Zinger, but I had second thoughts after he used his Vote skill, and I'm curious, Ex and Zinger, what were you two up to? Especially you Zinger.

I targeted Minish last Night. Not that it matters, since Chevy was hit.

i imagine most of your wagon was just people looking for somewhere easy to put their vote. It wasn't stable to begin with.
I agree with Rag here. I was the perceived "low-hanging fruit" yesterday, the easy to justify lynch to push without a better target. The minute that wagon fell apart and/or a better one presented itself, everyone jumped ship and were quick to push Rag as their preferred alternative. I think it is probable that we'll find at least one scum among the people who were pushing for my lynch and those who switched to Rag at the end.

The final wagon against Rag had Minish (who has a cop read of Town), Chevy (who is dead), and Killjoy. Ergo, Killjoy is scum.

59b7e7b19803c513098b48a6

Vote: Killjoy

Those would be the beaver (shocking I know) and the Canadian Horse
I bet both the horses and the cops that ride em mimic each other saying "Eh" a lot. Eh? :lol:

I targeted Minish last Night. Not that it matters, since Chevy was hit.
Makes me even more curious as to whyyou visited Min Min.

I agree with Rag here. I was the perceived "low-hanging fruit" yesterday, the easy to justify lynch to push without a better target. The minute that wagon fell apart and/or a better one presented itself, everyone jumped ship and were quick to push Rag as their preferred alternative. I think it is probable that we'll find at least one scum among the people who were pushing for my lynch and those who switched to Rag at the end.

The final wagon against Rag had Minish (who has a cop read of Town), Chevy (who is dead), and Killjoy. Ergo, Killjoy is scum.
As far as my vote went, you and Rag had both been on my top 3. Rag happened to have a higher placing to be voted. Also, as for me being scum, what's your reasoning?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Did anyone have a vig shot last night?
I will say that I did get a watcher skill yesterday and used it to peep on Minish (don't ask me why, it was originally going to be Zinger, but I had second thoughts after he used his Vote skill, and I'm curious, Ex and Zinger, what were you two up to? Especially you Zinger.
Zinger's vote skill or Chevy's DV? Because I'm unaware Zinger had a vote power as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom