• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Canadian Mafia II - Endgame

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
“I’m not going to do x”
*proceeds to do x*
“It’s not a lie guys I just changed my mind”

I don’t feel it’s a scumtell but it’s certainly hilairious logic

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Zinger seems to have convincing enough arguments, but on the other hand the way he's just omgus-ing anyone who gets suspicious of him doesn't seem good.

“I’m not going to do x”
*proceeds to do x*
“It’s not a lie guys I just changed my mind”

I don’t feel it’s a scumtell but it’s certainly hilairious logic
You're forgetting the like, 72+ hours in between those things.

I'm sure everybody here has changed their minds in a manner of minutes, let alone days, so, yeah, my logic is sound.

Your logic, on the other hand, being continuing to focus on this one point instead of the more important points (that I'm now more or less confirmed town while a handful of obvscum players are still trying to lynch me), is really what's hilarious here.

And I'm Jim Carrey. Hilarity is my job description.

0AtcbU.gif

Vote: MapelSyrup

Zinger seems to have convincing enough arguments, but on the other hand the way he's just omgus-ing anyone who gets suspicious of him doesn't seem good.
I'm the King of OMGUS. It's not a scumtell. NAI at best. Also, by this point I've established I either can't or won't break from my established form of "Post content + tangentially relevant Jim Carrey pic/video + vote someone", so, that's hardly a tell either.

8071431500_01b2d65300_b.jpg

Vote: Chevywolf

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote Count 2.4
  • Zinger2099 (3) - Viral Maze, Killjoy, funnygurl
  • Chevywolf30 (1) - Zinger2099
  • Not Voting - Morbid Minish, ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman, MapelSerup, Ragnarokio, Chevywolf30
With 10 alive, 6 votes are majority. Day 2 will end Friday, July 16, 11:59PM MDT (10 1/2 hours).

When was it said that there are no vigs out there?
If you tell me what doctor variant you are and i agree that its not useful for mafia in a game with no town killing roles then i'll unvote you.
I was taking Rag's word for it, given Rag obviously has paid a lot more attention to the rules and thread than I have (she's even hounded me more than once for my lack of attention to such things, so I assumed she wasn't a hypocrit). If this is inaccurate, ask Rag where she got the info. I merely parrotted it.

1XCn.gif

Vote: funnygurl

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Your logic, on the other hand, being continuing to focus on this one point instead of the more important points (that I'm now more or less confirmed town while a handful of obvscum players are still trying to lynch me), is really what's hilarious here.
I said in my post that I don’t think you’re scum because of that…

I said in my post that I don’t think you’re scum because of that…
I merely said you were continuing to focus on the point, not that you thought it was a scumtell. Regardless of what you think it is, scumtell or hilarious logic, you'd still rather post about that than to use the less than 10 hours that remain to the Day to hound the players that do think it is a scumtell.

maxresdefault.jpg

Vote: Viral Maze

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I was taking Rag's word for it, given Rag obviously has paid a lot more attention to the rules and thread than I have (she's even hounded me more than once for my lack of attention to such things, so I assumed she wasn't a hypocrit). If this is inaccurate, ask Rag where she got the info. I merely parrotted it.

1XCn.gif

Vote: funnygurl

That's fair. I didn't like how fast the wagon on you grew but when you kept saying that I thought you might be trying to bait a claim out of someone. I also felt like Rag could be trying to bait info too. Your explanation is reasonable to me though.

I think given that I feel like Rag might be trying to bait info, and the fact she tunneled on Zinger then backed off fairly easily after his wagon gained traction it just isn't feeling as much like her town play.

Vote: Rag

Post content + tangentially relevant Jim Carrey pic/video + vote someone", so, that's hardly a tell either.
By now It's safe to say that we already got the hint that the format of your posts are a part of your role.

That's fair. I didn't like how fast the wagon on you grew but when you kept saying that I thought you might be trying to bait a claim out of someone. I also felt like Rag could be trying to bait info too. Your explanation is reasonable to me though.

I think given that I feel like Rag might be trying to bait info, and the fact she tunneled on Zinger then backed off fairly easily after his wagon gained traction it just isn't feeling as much like her town play.
She even made a similar attempt on Ex, but reluctantly backed off when she noticed it wasn't going anywhere.

Unvote
Vote: Rag

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I remember thinking, hopefully I said it here, "Either Rag or Zinger is scum," so I guess voting Rag is the obvious next step.

Vote: Ragnarokio

Hey, you know, all of this actually makes sense?

Plus, the statement about no town killing roles could even have been a scum slip (ie. Maybe the mafia knows for a fact that Town can't receive any killing roles, and Rag forgot that was privileged intel).

Wow, I hate to say it, but Rag actually does look like scum!rag here.

alrighty-then.jpg

Vote: Ragnarokio

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Rag unvoted me because, given the setup, it is statistically incredibly unlikely that the mod would have given a Bodyguard role to the Mafia (such would be a completely useless power). There are no Vigs, so, for balance reasons, the Mod wouldn't give the Mafia a bodyguard role. Ergo, I can't be scum unless you don't believe the Bodyguard claim.

This isn't true. Ezlo confirmed that each day has a predetermined set of roles and that they're assigned randomly whenever a question is answered. In other words, mafia and town are competing for the same set of roles. He did say that there were some exceptions, but we don't know what those are. I'd guess that they're for balance concerns. For instance, he might not give the mafia team a vig shot and instead give them a strongman modifier or something. In any case, its entirely feasible for you to be scum and a bodyguard. I unvoted you because I told you I would under conditions that you ended up fulfilling.

I was grandstanding. It was my hope that zinger rolled jailer or something similar (because he claimed doc variant and not doc) and that i'd trap him by offering him a deal that seems to good to refuse but which he couldn't fulfil because it would make it obvious that his argument "mafia would have no use for this role" was clearly deceptive. I thought it would look cool to trap zinger like that. The reason I backed off was because I wanted to honor the deal i made with zinger.

She even made a similar attempt on Ex, but reluctantly backed off when she noticed it wasn't going anywhere.

It was a weak day 1 case that i pursued until a less weak day 1 case presented itself and i pursued it instead. Thats a pretty typical progression for day 1 I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom