• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can Your Mom Talk Zelda?

Ikana

Trollkastel
My mom knows the difference between Zelda and Link. She also knows the three goddesses and the three Triforce pieces. I don't think she knows which Character has which Triforce piece she might know Ganondorf has the Triforce of power but not sure if she knows if link has the Courage one or wisdom. But that should be simple since Hero's need Courage.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I just asked my mom if she knew anything about Zelda. She responded "No" I grabbed my TP game case, pointed to Link, and said "do you know who this is?" My mom said "Link, the fairy boy" I responded "MOM, Link's a Hylian, not a fairy!" She looked so confused when i said Hylian, and she proceeded to say "Hylians are the humans in Zelda" Again, she looked so confused. she responded, "i remember you playing a Zelda game on the Nintendo 64 and they kept calling Link fairy boy" I said "That's because he has a fairy, not because he is one!" and we went back and forth for ten minutes.

Last edited:

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Just asked her if she knows anything about Link and Zelda. She said, "I think I remember a girl named Zelda, but Link? I don't know what you're talking about." The sad thing about that is not very many people I know would be able to start a conversation with that question that isn't TP related.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
pssh, my GRANDMA knows Zelda, so of course my mom knows Zelda. She got me into it, not one of my friends. She knows more about then all my friends combined. She helped me beat th WATER TEMPLE. IN OOT. What does that say about her?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Oh, gosh no. My mum says "Zelda" in such a way that implies even that confuses her. She never really understood video games at all. my dad understands why I like the fantasy type thing, but not the video game aspect. They both think it is a waste of time.

Young Link

Grasshopper
Nah, my mom doesn't know anything. Maybe some of the names of the characters. Well, just Link and Zelda, lol. But now, my dad knows a lot. He got me into the games when I was six and if I asked him a question, he would probably know the answer. He even would fight some of the bosses for me. If I couldn't do it:D.

My mom claims she knows Zelda but she does not. She says she has played Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker but i highly doubt it. She knows im a huge Zelda fan so she tries to talk Zelda to me but most of the time she is wrong. When I talk Zelda to her she just nods her head and says "uh-huh".

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
When me and my siblings were little and my mom wasn't as busy as she is now, she used to play Zelda all the time. I watched her play it and got hooked(: She actually beat Majora's Mask before any of us did. I remember her sitting around playing Zelda all the time, ahahah. But she doesn't anymore, she doesn't have time. But she understands my obsession and is always getting me lots of LoZ stuff for my birthday and Christmas, ahahah(:

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
My mom has very little knowledge of Zelda and Video Games in general.

She knows 'Zelda' because she knows of my website and just associates 'Zelda' with whatever it is I am doing on the computer. She also knows 'Zelda' since I have t-shirts related to the series.

In general though, she has no idea of anything video game related. She refers to all video game consoles as 'the Nintendo'. Thus, if I were playing my Playstation or more recently my Xbox 360 and she would be saying something to me. "Put down the Nintendo and come and eat"... or whatnot. Rather funny actually. For her, Video Games and Nintendo are interchangeable. Much like the words 'Xerox' and 'Paper Copy' would be.

It's kinda the same for me too, Mases.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
My mom was a big Zelda Fan in the Past. We both played A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. She eben finished the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time with her save file. Yes. I was totally lost in the Water Temple.
The last Zelda Game she played was Wind Waker. Nowadays, it's hard to fascinate her for something. Even for Zelda.

Jedi Link

Use The Triforce
only two of my friends are zelda fans my family knows nothing about zelda except my uncle who was a hardcore fan and his son who likes zelda but is bad at it and only owns ST. he is stuck on the part where u have to sneak past the gaurds in front of hyrule castle. i know its sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom