• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can Your Mom Talk Zelda?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
My mom knows nothing about video games.

The only game she plays is Dr. Mario--and she doesn't even know that Dr. Mario is Mario.

It annoys me to death.

The closest either my Mum or Dad ever get to videogames these days is Brain Training. Although my Dad did have one of the really old Pongs in the late 70's at Uni. But my oldest younger Sister (if that makes sense!) Is halfway through both Wind Waker and Master Quest (and she hasn't even played the original OoT!) and my other younger sister has completed Link's Awakening.

I was going up the Death Mountain trail in TP, and my mom said hey, arent those those Gorgons?

At least she was close...

jelojuice

Raging Homosapien
My parents know nothing about Zelda. They don't really pay attention to the video games I play. In fact, they don't really know anything about technology in general. The closest my parents have ever gotten to playing (or even discussing) video games is playing online solitaire. >_>

Ghosi

Schmetterling
My parents do not really know about video games in general, even when I play them right in front of them. They don't seem really interested in them; well except my Dad, who likes shooting games and owns a PS2. My Mom, knows nothing about Zelda though; I would dread if she did though. I'm fine the way it is though. :) Although my Dad keeps asking if Link is Zelda, and sometime complains this when I play too much: " Oh so you are controlling that green elf again, aren't you?"

Zelda_Duh

Hyrule's Princess
The only person in my family that knows anything about Zelda is my sister. My mom still to this day thinks Link is Zelda, no matter how many times you correct her.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
My mom knows enough, I think. She understands the basic plot of the Triforce and knows the difference between Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.
She loves watching me play, though, but that might be because I am a DORK when playing video games. X>

As far as I know, she's never played a Zelda game but did play a lot of Mario games when she was younger.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
If I showed my mom a picture of Link and said he was a hero from a Nintendo game she would probably think it was Mario. That's pretty much how ignorant she is to video games in general, let alone LoZ.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I want to be a video game designer when I'm older and my parents totally support me. It's super awesome. They bought me a WEBSITE for Christmas for my reviews and a blog. My Mom can hold her own in a conversation about a Zelda game as well. We also only have 1 TV and it's in the family room, so both my parents are usually around when I'm gaming (except when I'm recording for a review/walkthrough).

my parents know almost nothing about videogames in general, let alone zelda. they never see me play because the TV is in the family room, which, ironically, no one but me ever goes into.my mom sometimes asks "what these zelda games are all about", i answer her, but she never remembers. oh well, i'm fine, even if NO ONE else in my family knows about zelda except for me.

Nicole

luke is my wife
My mom got me WW for my birthday when I was about 7. Now, whenever I'm on the computer or playing a video game, she asks me if I'm playing Zelda. I *just* asked her, "What game am I playing?" Her response: "Wing Waker? The Legend of the Wing Waker!!"
"Who is Zelda?'' Her response: "The little blonde guy.... I don't know what a zelda is, I don't play it!" XD

Chiraku

Demon slayer
My mom knows that we're into Zelda, and she actually knows who Link is, probably because we tell her about our Lozoot story. But that's pretty much it. Sometimes we invite our Dad to watch us with fight final boss, and he didn't enjoy majora, he winced when he saw majora's wrath transform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom