• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can Your Mom Talk Zelda?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My mom is an anti-video game person, and has never touched any console/game in her life. My dad is the one more into video games, he even plays SSBB and MKW with me and my bro! So no, she can't. But if I say "Zelda" to her, she'll know what i'm talking about.
My dad has beaten ALttP and WW, and one dungeon from TP. So he'll know stuff about ALttP and WW, but no other zelda game.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Yes, my mom knows all about Zelda. I can talk Zelda with her, and I just say "Do you remember how to beat this boss?" and she tells me from MEMORY! She's the actual reason I got into Zelda in the first place, and she and Zelda are also the reason I taught myself to read, but that is in another thread (literally, I posted it in the "Zelda Memories" thread!).

H

Hyper-Red

My mom is all like "You're playing that crap again?"

But she knows it's Link, and she knows there's Zelda. And I think she knows Ganon. But nothing else really. xD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nope. No one in my family besides me knows the STORY behind Zelda. All of my family members play the game just to be Link. It doesn't matter, so long as they aren't calling him Zelda, Ganondorf - Link, or Zelda - Ganondorf (lol?).

Beeker

Wild Card
I don't think so. Chances are if I ever become a mom, I'll be the mom who talks about Zelda!:lol:
The only other person that knows/likes Zelda in my family is my sister. We sometimes chat about it, but most of it is me rambling on and on about it.XD

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
My mom's a video gamer, so she's been exposed to a lot of Zelda. She plays TP the most and nearly finished it. She says she likes the more detailed graphics and motion controls of TP but doesn't really play the rest of the series. She hasn't picked it up in a while though, so I don't know how much she remembers. She could probably name a few of the main characters (Link, Zelda, Midna, Zant, etc.) and a bit of the story, but that's it. But she is a Zelda fan, nonetheless.

My step dad, on the other hand, won't even touch a video game. (Well.. except Bubble Bobble which he enjoys, oddly enough)

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
Wow, I'm really surprised about how many people have replied here, and how awesome their families are!! XD

Keep them coming, I've been reading them out to my mum and she enjoys them!! :)

Lol If it werent for my mom and my dad... I wouldnt even know what Zelda was. My parents played the NES alot with us when I was very little (2-6 years old). We would play Zelda as a family as well as some other games... Zelda, SMB, and Guardian Legend are the only games my mother will really play.

I wouldnt have ever known OoT existed if my dad hadnt seen "Zelda" and brought the title home for us. He also wouldnt allow us to get further then him in the game for fear we would spoil the story for him. Its quite humorous.

As the controls got more complex my parents have given up on gaming. But they both still enjoy watching me and my brother play from time to time.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
My mom has very little knowledge of Zelda and Video Games in general.

She knows 'Zelda' because she knows of my website and just associates 'Zelda' with whatever it is I am doing on the computer. She also knows 'Zelda' since I have t-shirts related to the series.

In general though, she has no idea of anything video game related. She refers to all video game consoles as 'the Nintendo'. Thus, if I were playing my Playstation or more recently my Xbox 360 and she would be saying something to me. "Put down the Nintendo and come and eat"... or whatnot. Rather funny actually. For her, Video Games and Nintendo are interchangeable. Much like the words 'Xerox' and 'Paper Copy' would be.

Kybyrian

My mom used to love Zelda a lot. She hardly plays it anymore, but she used to play Ocarina of Time when I was little. We beat the game and then we messed around with the Gameshark that we had. Put on hover cheats and all sorts of stuff and had a ton of fun on Ocarina of Time.

However, she stopped playing it after Ocarina of Time. I believe that was the only one she played, too. I bought The Wind Waker when it came out for the Gamecube and made a data for her, but she never did play it at all. I even got to Dragon Roost for her. I guess she had just lost interest. Either that, or she decided she was done trying to entertain me. I can mention Ocarina of Time to her today and she instantly remembers it, though. She says she loved that game so much.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
My mum knows almost as much about Zelda as I do because whenever I got a console Zelda she would always come and watch me for any important battles, story moments, or just going through a temple. We would have conversations about it in the car on the way to the shops :xd:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
No. Straight up and simple, no. The only thing my mom knows about Zelda is that I love it, there's a little elf boy in green running around stabbing things with a sword for the greater good, and that it's mideval.

It's actually pretty funny because sometimes she mixes up Link and Zelda (which I'll admit, isn't exactly a straightfoward thing). A lot.

Basically, she's got less knowledge about Zelda than I did when I first played Wind Waker around like, seven years ago or something along those lines (I had commonly confused Zelda with Link, had no clue there were any other games in the series besides ALttP and FS [and even then I thought ALttP and FS were brand new games: I literally thought it was a brand new series]) and that's saying somethiing.

13foxes

I wish my mom loved video games like I do. My mom, she loathes every kind of video games, so of course she has no idea what Zelda is. She still calls Link 'that green boy' or 'Zelda'. She thinks Zelda games are very very bad games because I've spent too much time playing them and became addicted. She just want me to get away from video games and manga to do my homework. -_-

My 9 year old brother, however, is completely different. He likes Zelda, just like me. :D

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My mom knows that Zelda is a game if I mention it when in conversation with her. But as far as storyline and who the characters are, no she doesn't know that. That applies for my dad as well. He thinks Link is Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom