• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can You Read Maps?

Apparently there is the notion in society that women can't read maps, I can and if Hollywood has taught me anything its the men that screw it up. But anyway, can you read maps? Be it an atlas or the layout for a pretty big shopping mall or even on video games?

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I can read maps but not city maps. City maps would always confuse me and if my dad asks me to search a place he wants to go I'll always end up screwing the places and just handed the map over to my dad and run.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I don't really know if I can read a map or not. :S I could probably figure out how to read one if it was necessary though.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I'm a good navigator for any type of map. I learned who to read maps and understand them by first grade.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I can read maps. I admit I did not always have this skill, but it became quite important to have this skill during one of my jobs that I had back in the past when it was required. I learned where certain roads were and where to find where something was located. I also learned a few things regarding how and why certain numbers were given to certain businesses or homes and all that stuff. So I learned some valuable information from that job that I can now put to use in another areas of my life whether it be a job or for just personal uses.

Claire

The Geekette
For my major, it is essential that you can read a map (and a variety of maps at that [and you are expected to be able to, in some cases, construct a map yourself]). I don't find it to be extremely difficult, though, it can get a tad confusing when you're just starting out. For example, when you transition from contour lines on land to bathymetric lines in water. They are very similar in essence, though they do vary to a degree.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Everyone should be able to read a map. You should also memorize the major interstates near your city in case your electronics fail you. Anyone who says they cannot read a map probably hasn't used one. I am sure if they had to put the iPhone or GPS down, they would be just fine. If you know your directions and can read, you can use a map, lol. This should be in drivers ed and basic geography classes ;p

HBC

HyrulianBlackcat
Not city maps. I can read Google maps fairly well. They aren't as messy or confusing to me. I prefer straight up directions, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom