• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can You Fall Asleep While Listening To Music?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Can you? Does it have to be playing softly in the background, or is any volume fine? Does the genre of music matter? Is this usually how you fall asleep?

Personally, I cannot fall asleep whilst listening to music. I always find myself singing along in my head and in general, just being too distracted. The only exception for me is video game soundtracks. I can fall asleep to those melodies, but not any others.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Since 99% of the music I listen to is some variety of instrumental OST, I generally can.

Example:

[video=youtube;k-SBNgu1hO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-SBNgu1hO4[/video]

Night Owl

~Momentai
I have fallen asleep to music many times, especially when I'm exhausted. However, I cannot sleep if I am wearing headphones.

I can doze off to just about any kind of music aside from metal.
I've been known to sleep in the car then wake up if someone changes the radio station.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Music actually helps me sleep. I turn my iPod on every night so that I can fall asleep with some sort of music on. Only if it's decently quiet though, like at a volume nobody else in the house would be able to hear. Genre does not matter, I usually just put it on shuffle.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I do all the time. :P I find being in bed listening to music extremely relaxing and can be asleep quite quick from it.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Before I started living with my boyfriend, I would listen to music to help me fall asleep. I can fall asleep listening to any kind of music.

Fig

The Altruist
I can pretty much fall asleep to music whenever I'm in the mood for a rest, not that I usually do. At the same time, I find music to be really helpful to influence my emotions especially if I feel like I want to sleep from time to time! :3

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I often times fall asleep to music, so the answer would be yes. I do, however, oftentimes accidentally choke myself with my headphones :<

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yes.

Sometimes if I'm thinking too much (which is what I do a lot) I'll put some headphones in and play a specific playlist which is entitled "Chill". So by name you can probably guess what type of music is in the playlist. Some of the songs in there are relaxing instrumentals, some are RnB, some may be Soul and there may just be some random tracks in there that I find relaxing.

I can fall asleep to just about any noise. Specially if I'm tired enough. I will just fall asleep. I prefer dead silence when I sleep though, but I can handle music.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You want me to...fall...a--ZzZzZzZz

[video=youtube;TG1pRNQAByI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG1pRNQAByI[/video]

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yes and no. Sometimes I play music from my iPod softly while I go to sleep, and it sometimes helps. Although I have a habit of fantisizing to music, and sometimes I stay up just so I can do that. So sometimes music keeps me up longer. It works both ways for me.

Typically when I go to bed, I put on a playlist for the Sword Art Online soundtrack, or I play one of the Attack on Titan soundtrack albums. I listen to stuff like that most of the time, and when I go to sleep, it's no exception. I haven't done that in a while, though. I might start doing it more often again.

Last edited:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Yes, if sleepy enough, I can fall asleep to any type of music. I usually always use video game soundtracks to help me sleep though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom