• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can you experience asmr?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Probably no, The sound is indeed different but I don't get any tingling sensation or feel anything at all
How about you?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't experience asmr from sounds. Sound asmr is more annoying than enjoyable to me. But I do get a similar feeling to what people describe they get from asmr (the tingling) by having my hair played with.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I actually didn’t know there was supposed to be a tingly feeling. I thought it was just supposed to make you relaxed. That stuff doesn’t do anything for me, but I like listening to fireplace and rain or snow asmr. It’s nice to fall asleep to that.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Probably no, The sound is indeed different but I don't get any tingling sensation or feel anything at all
How about you?

Yes I do indeed! I was introduced to ASMR by a friend in Japan. I personally enjoy tapping and scissor sounds. I also enjoy microphone brushing. Those are what get me to tingle the most.
The more frequently you listen to it the less of an effect it has
But yeah I like to listen to asmr until I cant tingle then forget about it for a few weeks

I also find this. Frequent listening causes me to get less of an effect from it but taking a break for a few weeks I am ready to go back to tingling again.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I think ASMR is nothing more than the placebo effect. It's all in the head really. If anything ASMR has become the hot button backdrop for quackery and or extremely deceptive clickbait strategies, both of which I am firmly against. So my answer to the ASMR craze is that it is all a lie.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I used to experience ASMR before people started recording sounds on YouTube, and for women specifically, it seems like something they experience when they get their hair played with. For a long time, I didn't know what ASMR was and everytime I would come across a video with ASMR in the title, I would laugh at how ridiculous it was. But then my sister told me they help her fall asleep and that you need to wear headphones, so I tried it and it actually works.

I don't necessarily get sleepy from it, I actually find it keeps me up longer trying to find the right video to make my head tingle. But it can be very relaxing. It definitely doesn't always work, especially the longer you become reliant on it. But I find it's more about finding what works on you and what doesn't. There are so many different styles and techniques and they're not all for everyone.

For instance, I tend to get tingly from more aggressive sounds, because they register more clearly and frequently on their sensitive 3D audio mics or whatever that it actually tricks your brain into thinking the sounds are coming from around your head, and it makes your scalp tingle as a result. But I do mix up quite often and I always manage to find something new that makes my brain tingle and some of it can honestly be quite embarrassing, but it works, so f*ck it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No, I listened to some vids with raining sounds or birds singing. Even though I loved the sounds it didn't do anything for me. I fall very easily asleep any way but the sounds had no effect on me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom