• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can you experience asmr?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
It stands for autonomous sensory meridian response and it's basically a fancy term for that tingly feeling you get on the back of your neck/spine, closely related to frisson, those shivers that you get when, say, you're listening to some really powerful music for the first time

It doesn't have to be auditory although that's the easiest one for most people to experience. Visual and tactile asmr are things too, like going to the optometrist or a hair salon can trigger asmr for people (it does for me)

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
It stands for autonomous sensory meridian response and it's basically a fancy term for that tingly feeling you get on the back of your neck/spine, closely related to frisson, those shivers that you get when, say, you're listening to some really powerful music for the first time

It doesn't have to be auditory although that's the easiest one for most people to experience. Visual and tactile asmr are things too, like going to the optometrist or a hair salon can trigger asmr for people (it does for me)
I think it's abusing a survival instinct or something rofl.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I used to be able to experience it long before I knew what it was. I can’t anymore, but I still enjoy listening to it at night just as a white noise to drown out my tinnitus.

I still think it’s weird as hell though, and there are certain “triggers” I can’t stand like fabric rubbing and mic brushing.

Mikey the Moblin

I'm seeing a lot of people bring up rain or ambience as their introductions to asmr and while you can experience asmr from it I've always felt intentional tapping or brushing noises do a better job of giving you the general gist of how asmr is meant to work

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I don’t get tingles, but it’s relaxing and I use it for sleep sometimes. Any soft talking will put me right to sleep, especially sports commentators.

Mikey the Moblin

@Echolight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom