• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can You Concentrate With Noise?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It all depends on what I'm doing and what the noise is. For instance, when reading a book I hate having any sort of background noise, yet I can listen to music while studying or focusing on homework. I sometimes find that listening to music makes me more productive while trying to complete a task.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Depends on the kind of noise... If my little brother's like playing video games and being stupid while I'm trying to write an essay, it can be pretty hard to focus... But if there's just like white noise, sometimes I can bypass it. But usually if I really need to concentrate, I prefer silence

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
If it's a loud and sporadic noise, then probably not in most situations.

On the other hand, I almost need music when I study or do any form of school work. It actually helps me do my work in more productive ways I feel.

background noise or music yes, in your face loud, obnoxious or too many people talking to me noise, no. my brain gets all foggy and I get all distracted and irritated

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Depends on what it is. If I'm reading, I have a harder time blocking out sound than when I do other things, but if I have to, I can. I prefer quiet for whenever I read. If I do other things, then I actually prefer multitasking.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I always have music up, so that generlly doesnt faze me (if I enjoy it). If it's chaotic noise, like a crowded room and I'm working on video editing, I can't and I usually quit due to frustration.

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
Yep. It's not that dificult for me. I'm used to noise what with growing up with three younger brothers and a yelly mother.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
No, I really can't. If it's a very small amount of noise, then maybe, but I can't listen to any background noise while concentrating on something. For example, I can't read and listen to music at the same time, because then my eyes will follow the words but will absorb nothing. I can, however, draw and listen to music at the same time. Completing tasks that require a decent amount of attention will gain my absolute focus, and any type of noise that interferes with that will be one of the worst distractions ever.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I can't concentrate with the noise. It is quite an annoying sound to come into my years when I am concentrating on a task that needs to be done. A buzzing of a fly, the stabbing of a mosquito, or even my own thoughts battling inside my three heads for supremacy....nothing is good if it is distracting from the task at hand. For that reason, I suggest everyone committ ot a round of meditation. This will allow one to clear there thoughts int heir brains, and thus allow for agreater piece of mind and eventually a pathway through which one can concentrate without paying any attention to the distracting noises of yonder souls.s

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i have to read and write in essential silence. Most other things I can do with a pretty high level of ambient noise, though it's very hard if someone is talking to me and i'm expected to listen to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom