• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 Can You Complete Jabu-Jabu's Belly Before Dodongo's Cavern?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I know you need bombs before entering Jabu-Jabu's belly but can you get the bombs, leave the dungeon, complete Jabu-Jabu, and then finish Dodongo? I ask because next time I play OoT I plan to do it in this order: Deku Tree, (Get the bombs, Jabu-Jabu, Dodongo, (Get the arrows), Well, Spirit, Water, Fire, Forest, (I know you need to complete Forest, Fire, and Water to trigger the Shadow Temple), Shadow Temple.

The prefix is OoTN64 because I plan to do it once I get that version.

MW7

Yep I've done it. The game's text even makes sense and it tells you you need one more spiritual stone after getting the Zora's Sapphire.

If you're interested in stuff like this you should play Majora's Mask in odd orders. Virtually all of the sequence of the game is determined by items rather than dungeon completion so you can very easily beat the game in reverse order or any order you want. The rules like having to beat Forest, Fire and Water before Shadow bother me in Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask has almost no rules- it's just get this item to do this.

I've never even thought about doing this before. I'll have to give it a try during my next playthrought, just for fun.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Yes! Haha did it today, actually!

You just need to get the Bomb Bag from Dodongo's Cavern first, then leave and complete Jabu-Jabu's Belly. Although, you do need to complete most of Dodongo's Cavern before you get the bombs, unfortunately...

I miss how much freedom you had in games like OoT and MM. For example, did you know you can complete the Fire Temple, half of the Water Temple, and even get to the Spirit Temple before ever setting foot into the Forest Temple? True story. :)

I've never thought about doing that...
I guess the only thing that would stop you is Jabu Jabu not being there or having King Zora still in your way?

I guess you could get bombs before completing Dodongo's Cavern, however I think you can get the golden scale as a kid and think I tried this once.

Yes. Get the Bomb Bag from Dodongo's Cavern, use the bombs to enter Zora's River/Domain, and the rest is easy. However, doing so might seem unfruitful, as by the time you received the Bomb Bag, you will have already completed at least 75% of Dodongo's Cavern. Still, I guess it's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom