• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can You Beat Skyward Sword Without a Shield?

lotrfanatic

ChronoPhoenix
I always try to find ways to make zelda games harder and I've always wondered if it was possible to play SS without a sheild, maybe even on hero mode?!?!

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I have already played Skyward Sword several times, I just can't stop playing it. Each time I've played through it I have tried something different. It is indeed possible to beat Skyward Sword without a Shield and Hero Mode too. It does make the game much harder, but if you're up for the challenge then I suggest you try beating the game shieldless.

I have. I beat Skyward Sword on Hero's Mode with no shield, 6 hearts, and no upgrades. With that said I still find it more fun to play with a shield since you have more stratigic options.

It is possible, I did a normal quest, Hero Mode and I'm now doing a speedrun 12:27 and I am at the Song of the Hero.

I don't think I could ever try this...I loved using my shield way too much and it just completes Link's look! So no I probably wouldn't try this and it bothers me if I'm not close to gettting 100%

hmmm. Now I must go challenge myself to see if it's possible for ME to beat the game without a shield. I hardly used it before anyways until I got the purple one (I'm a rupee pincer)

Pen

The game is on!
During my first playthrough of the game I didn't ever use a shield. I got used to dodging the enemy attacks instead of protecting myself with a shield, and it worked very well indeed. However, in my second playthrough I started using shields and I realized how much easier the game got.

So yes, I'd definitely say it is possible to play though Skyward Sword without a shield, you just need to get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom