• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can We Talk About the Wii U?

So I really don't have any information on this thing other than the HD graphics and that it's backwards compatible. I know it's coming out soon though and there really isn't much hype around it. Like, at all. Also, the remote looks really clunky and useless but that remains to be seen. Still, I can't think of a scenario in which using a smaller screen would increase the gaming experience. Well, tell me what you know so far about the wii u and if you're excited or not.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I know that it's Nintendo's baby steps into the HD market, I also know that Nintendo is going to shoot for an online community and system like that of PSN and XBL, they're ditching the hassle-bound Friend Code thing for a more active community and infrastructure. Personally, I'm not hyped at all because the big N is STILL trying to play around with gimmicky controls to "enhance" the gaming experience. That huge LCD screen/controller/tablet? Chuck it, we don't need yet ANOTHER iPad on the market. I could careless if we can continue playing on the thing, as that is bound to cause problems with many games and the feature may even be removed entirely with another system update a la OtherOS and PlayStation 3.

I just have a lot of fear that the Wii U will flop. We've seen what the Wii did, and truthfully speaking it did poorly outside of the First Party games. The Wii U looks to have come back to the golden days of the N64 where 3rd Party support was running strong, however with that controller, things look a little bleak because gaming may become a bit too awkward. Still, it's too soon to say anything and I have to wait for more information to be given to the public. Until then, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
Well, aside from the fact that I'm hoping to get it on launch and download The Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time Master Quest the day they drop, it's not really that interesting. ;)

Jk of course. Well, it's got this nifty new controller that's going to revolutionize playing Zelda for fans, you can play games you would on the TV through the controller, you can draw with it, you can do all kinds of things. I suggest you go and watch the E3 trailer, it gives a lot of good information. Oh, and it appears to still have a spot to insert your SD card, so I don't think we need to worry about loss of data. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom