• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Can We Please Get a Day/night Cycle?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
One of the many many things that bugs me about Skywerd Sword is that it does not contain a day/night cycle. For what reason, I have no idea, but the fact is that there isn't one present.

I am hoping that nINTEND gives us one, not just because "lul the world changes time of day" but to appreciate the darker side of things, to see the calm beauty that takes place during twilight and other times of night. :)

Thoughts?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
YES PLEASE!!!! If Skyward Sword had nightime on the surface that would have looked soooo beautiful!!! Defiantly something that was sorely missed. I'd imagine they wouldn't fail to put that in again. But who knows?

If Skyward Sword had nightime on the surface that would have looked soooo beautiful!!! Defiantly something that was sorely missed. I'd imagine they wouldn't fail to put that in again. But who knows?

Agreed! The woods probably would have been beautiful, especially if the mushrooms glowed like they did in the first temple :)

I'd also love to have a day/night cycle back because of all the time opportunities it could provide too. Certain things may only happen at a certain time of day, kind of like Majora's Mask, but not restricted to three days. Also, some collectible items, characters, areas, or species of enemies could only appear at a certain time as well :)

I didn't actually mind it's absence that much, I think it depends on the whole build of the next Zelda game. So if its a huge open world, beautiful and glimmering to every core, then yes, give me a day and night cycle.

Beeker

Wild Card
I would love to see a day and night cycle in the next Zelda. They always give some form of change in the overworld, whether it's quests, enemies or limits to areas like shops or Castle Town in OoT.

Agreed. It would be especially neat if it were a smooth, visible transition—one in which several "in-between hours" occur such as twilight and late evening. I'd imagine the in-game time itself would essentially have to be "stretched out," but I'm sure that it could work quite well. The addition of weather effects would surely add to the visuals as well, in my opinion. I missed that in Skyward Sword. Picture Skyloft during a thunderstorm at night.

I also like the idea of time [of day]-based events (Great idea, Keese Keese).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love when it switches to day and night. I didn't miss it much in Skyward Sword, but it didn't really need it all that much. Besides. The bokoblin base on Eldin Volcano, that took place in darkness.

I love when it switches to day and night. I didn't miss it much in Skyward Sword, but it didn't really need it all that much. Besides. The bokoblin base on Eldin Volcano, that took place in darkness.
Good point, SS had its own variations of day/night with sleeping and such too. It all boils down to whatever fits that particular game best, I guess (same could be said for graphical styles). Off on a bit of a tangent, something I was bummed out about at first was the inability to ride around on your loftwing at night

And thanks Wolf Sage, although that idea is far from being derived from my own mind ;)

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
I like the idea of watching characters head indoors for the night. That would be col to see as a town slowly starts to quiet down until dark. I would also enjoy watching everyone walk out of their houses at dawn. In wind waker with the time not changing on windfall (and other islands) we didn't get to see that.

ILU

i luv u
I'm all for a day/night cycle. It's not nearly as difficult to implement as it used to be, so there's no real reason not to include it. Skyward Sword didn't need it, though. Mind you, it could have made things more interesting. Seeing cute little remlits turn into rabid, face-gnawing demon kitties was pretty cool, and I feel like the land below could have been very interesting and varied if they used night-time instead of unnatural, perpetual daylight. And, since Skyward Sword was so focused on aesthetics, it would've done the art style some more justice. Moonlit forests and glistening springs? Yes, please.

That said, while is wasn't a necessity for Skyward Sword, day/night cycles are one of those things that have become natural in gaming, especially for adventure games and RPGs. Zelda Wii U may be designed in a way that doesn't require the cycle, just like Skyward Sword, but that doesn't mean its presence won't be missed. Aside from having fun and stable controls and solid gameplay, Nintendo's first HD Zelda game (TWW doesn't count, it's not a true HD remake, sorry guys) has to be visually impressive, and a day/night cycle will benefit visuals while potentially adding to the gameplay experience.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I didn't really notice the lack of day/night cycle, but I have to admit I would love to have one. At least bring back a Sun Song-like function? Maybe parts can only be completed at night, a la MM.

Lady of Hyrule

Don't Blink!
I would love a day/night cycle. I think that it makes the game more interesting and it looks beautiful. I would also like it to affect the gameplay and the characters, for example, certain characters appear at night or you (or the characters in the game) can do different actions at different times of the day. I do agree that Skyward Sword would have look amazing with a day/night cycle, but I really did not mind the absence of it. As someone already said, a visible transition where you can see the different stages of the day would be great. Also, I like your idea Keese Keese.:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom