• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can We Have a Fire Emblem Awakening Hype Thread?

FIRE EMBLEM HYPE THREAD!
Official Hype Song
Alternate Hype Song

Trailers
Fire Emblem: Awakening Trailer
Character Classes Trailer
Building Your Army Trailer

I'm super stoked about this game, I actually have it pre-ordered

Are you guys as excited as me? What are you looking forward to?

Which class do you think is coolest?

Have you played FE games before or are you just jumping into the series

If you don't own a 3DS, is this a system seller for you?

What do you guys think of the system bundle?

Get hyped guys! This is a huge win for 3DS owners!

Edit: 200th post! Whoo!

Are you guys as excited as me?

No. I'm more excited. Your argument is invalid.

What are you looking forward to?

The story in particular. I love Fire Emblem stories anyway, but after hearing this one's intrigue, I can't miss it. Most Fire Emblem games take place in their own separate little universes, but somehow, the "Hero King" Marth appears to have made his way into Awakening's world. I gotsta know why that is. Also, I'm looking forward to the whole marriage system, which I'm not used to, and what appear to be more frequent cutscenes. I love the two cutscenes in the demo, and I want more.

Hard to say, considering we've only caught glimpses of them and there are apparently over 40. I like how many of the Advanced Classes are combinations of various weapon types and movement groups, like the Dark Flier which can wield both lances and tomes.

Before this, I've played Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Shadow Dragon in that order. I haven't beaten Shadow Dragon (kind of lost interest when the story went nowhere), but I consider Fire Emblem my second favorite game series right behind The Legend of Zelda. Path of Radiance is quite possibly my most favorite game of all time.

I do own a 3DS, but this would quite possibly do the trick on its own. There are other things I'd want to buy as well, but this would likely be the primary motivator.

If I didn't own a 3DS, I would try and land that as my starting point. I won't buy it now - too much money for what I already have functionally - but if I didn't have a 3DS, I'd snag it in a heartbeat.

You're darn right it is.

EDIT: Look at my avatar. I am ready for this game.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is my most anticipated announced 3DS game of the year. After playing the demo, I'm overall pleased with the final results. While I have to play the entire adventure to find out, I find the characters weaker than some installment especially my personal favorite, The Sacred Stones. "Awakening" from amnesia, meeting a kind hearted knight and his winy sister, fighting zombie soldiers, and meeting Marth is definitely a fast paced beginning.

The downloadable characters definitely allure me. While somewhat overpriced, I'd like to play as my favorite units from past games.

I'll need to play the game first before coming to a conclusion.

I've played The Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn, and Shadow Dragon before in that order. The Sacred Stone is my favorite of the three.

The bundle is the most visually appealing 3DS hardware I've seen yet and I would consider purchasing a 3DS for FE: Awakening if I already didn't own one. I found the 3DS to be a worthwhile purchase at launch, however, and bought one then. While the past year left something to be desired, I didn't regret purchasing a 3DS in 2011 after a fantastic year.

We should make this into a discussion thread and post or continued impressions as we progress in the game. My only gripe is the game releases on Monday. Darn. I'll be busy all next week.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm super stoked about this game, I actually have it pre-ordered
I don't have it pre-ordered; I do not have the funds. However, I'm saving every bit I can to get that game, and get it ON release date.

Are you guys as excited as me? What are you looking forward to?

Like The Wanderer said, I'm more excited and thus your argument is invalid. I mean, I'm sure I am the most excited, having been with FE13 ever since Kakusei was announced, and from there following all news and knowing what DLC characters we'll get long before us Americans/Europeans actually get them. Cough Eirika, Ephraim, Innes, Marth, Leaf, Roy...continuing to Cough.

Tactician or Lucina Lord.

I've done tons of hacking with FE6, 7 and 8. Many years ago have I gotten into FE. Currently playing FE9 atm. Played all the games though including JP-only. FE8 (Sacred Stones) is my favorite, Thracia 776 is nice but could use a little less difficulty.

I already have a 3DS, but if I didn't, FE13 would definitely be a system seller. Would've been since '12.

Kakusei's is better.

This might be the ONE game I can withstand for more than five playthroughs on the 3DS.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
SO MUCH EXCITEMENT. SO MUCH HYPE. Although I will admit that I temporary lost all hype for this when SMT x FE was announced.

Refer to The Wanderer's post.

I'm not sure if it's considered spoiler or not since it's a DLC reward, but I'm going to put it in a spoiler tag just to be sure.
The class that sticks out in my mind the most is the Demon Fighter class. Magic tomes, axes, swords and a killer outfit to boot? Sign me up! Too bad it's a male exclusive class.
Tactician class is pretty neat too.

Have you played FE games before or are you just jumping into the series?
I've played all the games that have been localized in the West, and I'm really willing to try my hand at some of the Japanese only games. Path of Radiance is my favourite, but I'm thinking that Awakening just might usurp that position.

I already own a 3DS, and I bought that for Ocarina of Time 3D. However, if that hadn't come out then I would have bought the system for this.

That system looks amazing, mang, but I won't be trading mine in any time soon. The design is pretty cool, but I'd rather have the cartridge of the game instead of it being pre-installed.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I just picked up my pre-order!

How's everyone enjoying it?
I'm at chapter 21 (been playing almost nonstop for the two days I've had it)...this is the one 3DS game that i feel I could play almost endlessly. FE13 is pretty much perfect, minus a few typos in the text. Lucina for best unit ever created.

Beeker

Wild Card
Lovin every minute of it, this game is SOOOO GORGEOUS. The cutscenes, in game graphics, and voice acting are beautiful. <3
Also this game has made me cry(or at least tear up) multiple times already, and I'm certain there are much more feel-inducing moments to come.
Despite having this game for over a week, I've only gotten past chapter 13 since I grind on the world map so much. Also, I'm currently playing a bunch of the paralogues/side chapers(about five or so opened up and i have finished two so far). I'm one of those people that has to clear everything before continuing. XD

This isn't the first Fire Emblem I've played, but it is the first I've owned. I've only played one other game though, and it was on GBA. I didn't get that far in. 2 hours tops. Awakening though, oh man. I am loving this game so much. The dialogue is great, combat is awesome, art style is amazing. Ahh, I'm going crazy over this game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Beat the game last night and MAN, I was crying by endgame! Lucina is my favorite FE character EVER! I love her bond with her parents. A certain someone dying was sad, but forgivable. The art style for the movie scenes is absolutely fantastic; it's almost like real life to me! There was so much emotion! <3

Buy FE13 if you haven't already. It's basically FE8 + better graphics + a LOT more emotion! <3

Beat the game last night and MAN, I was crying by endgame! Lucina is my favorite FE character EVER! I love her bond with her parents. A certain someone dying was sad, but forgivable. The art style for the movie scenes is absolutely fantastic; it's almost like real life to me! There was so much emotion! <3

Buy FE13 if you haven't already. It's basically FE8 + better graphics + a LOT more emotion! <3

Grrr... I still don't have it. I'm kind of waiting for the "right circumstances" to fall into place, since I have a GameStop gift card and want to use it to take $20 off the price of the game. But the closest GameStop is about an hour away, so if I drove there myself, I would use more than $20 in gas and thus nullify my gift card when I could just go to the Wal-Mart fifteen miles away and buy it full price. So I'm waiting for some family trip to the city so I don't have to pay the gas myself, and that could take awhile.

STOP TEASING ME, FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING COMMERCIALS. I WILL GET YOU EVENTUALLY.

Oh yeah, speaking of GameStop, I heard something about a shipment delay. Has that been taken care of, or is GameStop still waiting to get Awakening on its shelves?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yep...Lucina is the best unit in the game. If I got Galeforce for her (LV15 Dark Flier skill which I could pass on via Mother bond)...damn she would be an uber tank!!! <3

Oh yeah, speaking of GameStop, I heard something about a shipment delay. Has that been taken care of, or is GameStop still waiting to get Awakening on its shelves?

The game is actually sold out in some GameStops; very high demand for the game xD

But rest assured, the game has reached stores. If you don't see any copies, it's because the game simply is unavailable, not because te store is waiting for shipments to arrive. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom