• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 Can the Biggoron Sword Break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My friend 's sistr was playing zelda and she said the Biggoron sword broke, but the Biggoron said it couldnt?

The blade that she's thinking of is the Giant's Knife. It essentially is the Biggoron Sword, except that its blade is broken near the hilt and needs to be reforged. As a parallel of sorts, the blade of Narsil, too, was shattered before the time of Lord of the Rings, and was reforged to become Anduril. Thusly by default the Giant's Knife breaks more easily, but the Biggoron Sword has been tempered with the care of a Goron Smith and is now resilient enough to withstand the strongest attacks.

The Giant's Knife can break, but not the Biggoron Sword. Interesting fact: The Giant's Knife doesn't exist in Prima's crappy guides.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Exactly, the Giants knife bought from the goron in the gorons mind, breaks easily, the biggorons sword from the goron at the top of the mountin does not, the two items are identical and easy to get mixed up.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Short answer: NO.
Explanation: There's a good chance it was confused with the Giant's Knife, since the only differences are a different hilt color and the Biggoron's Sword being Unbreakable. Check what it says on-screen, if it says Giant's Knife, you have the wrong one. Also, was the trading sequence, with the eyedrops and the mushroom and all that done?

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
^yeah but you can use it on the first form of ganondorf(when he is shooting that yellow ping pong ball at you)

Yeah but that's Ganondorf. You can use whatever the heck you want to kill him, but when you fight "Ganon" you have to use the Master Sword. The Big Goron Sword does absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom