• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can Someone Answer My Link Question

Are all the links im the zelda series related in some way i know that some are ancestors of an older link. But how come they all look very similar e.g skyward sword link and twilight princess link. but there are other links that don't look like the original links e.g windwaker link and ocarina of time link.

I believe that they are all descendants of the Link from Ocarina of Time because of Ganondorf's line at the end of the game. He said he was going to hunt down all of Link's descendants once he got free from the sacred realm. I don't know about the Links that come before OoT, but I still assume that they are descended from the previous Link in the time line. Being descendants from each other would also explain why the Triforce of Courage and the Master Sword always chose Link because they chose an ancestor of his.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Due to the end of Skyward Sword (won't spoil the details) it has been confirmed that all links, with the exception of maybe the Links from WW/PH and ST, are from the same bloodline

I believe that they are all descendants of the Link from Ocarina of Time because of Ganondorf's line at the end of the game. He said he was going to hunt down all of Link's descendants once he got free from the sacred realm. I don't know about the Links that come before OoT, but I still assume that they are descended from the previous Link in the time line. Being descendants from each other would also explain why the Triforce of Courage and the Master Sword always chose Link because they chose an ancestor of his.
Good observation. I never thought of that. I wonder...

Due to the end of Skyward Sword (won't spoil the details) it has been confirmed that all links, with the exception of maybe the Links from WW/PH and ST, are from the same bloodline

How was that confirmed? At the end of the Demise battle he only confirmed that the person with the spirit of the Chosen Hero will be condemned for eternity. I don't believe it mentioned anything of Link's family. I think your getting Zelda and Link confused, because it's the bloodline of Hylia (Zelda) that will be condemned for eternity.

this does explain alot but does the end of skyward sword also show that link and zelda are distantly related

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
I think they are probably descendants since ss is waay different than Oot. That still may not make sense because it nevercmentions a certain timeline.

D

Dizzyness

Demise at the end of the game said something like this.." My anger will not be quenched, a reincarnation of me (Ganandorf) will place a curse on all who has the spirit of the hero (Link) and bloodline of the Goddess (Zelda). And since Skyward sword is in the beginning of the timeline, the Links and Zeldas in the games are connected by Demise's curse.

Its not like you can not look like another person even though you are not directly related. :D
Links are not related ... ~directly~ ... same "spirit" (aka the player playing Link :P )

Side note: if you remember WW, the conversation between the King of Red Lions and Jabun, he has no relationship with the past hero. Proof for that Link at least.

Side note: if you remember WW, the conversation between the King of Red Lions and Jabun, he has no relationship with the past hero. Proof for that Link at least.

Weren't there a few references from Wind Waker hinting that Link might be related in some way with the past hero? I think it might have been around the time that Link got the completed Triforce of Courage, but I'm not sure. I may be wrong though. I haven't played WW in a while.

I think a lot of the Links are not related at all. As has been said the Links are reincarnated and the hero falls upon whoever emanates courage the most. There are specific instances that point this out. One of these examples would be Link from Twilight Princess where he is from Ordon. This makes me think for a little bit because I never recall anything being said about any of his parents or ancestors in that game. This kind of stuff really intrigues me about the Zelda series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom