• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can Sheik See the Future??

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Zelda was never the one to time travel. It's only Link.

Time and space move on Link's whim; everyone else is just along for the ride.

Claire

The Geekette
Zelda was never the one to time travel. It's only Link.

Time and space move on Link's whim; everyone else is just along for the ride.

How do you know this for a fact? My point is that we are aware that it is possible for one to travel through time, could Zelda/Sheik be able to? Yes, why wouldn't they? This would be a perfect explanation as to how Sheik is aware of these events, and why she always appears to be one step ahead on other situations.

I'm sure Zelda, being the one with the triforce of wisdom, would have the intelligence to take advantage of her ability to send Link back in time. This would mean that she can also send herself back, just because we never see it or are told, does not mean it doesn't happen.

How do you know this for a fact? My point is that we are aware that it is possible for one to travel through time, could Zelda/Sheik be able to? Yes, why wouldn't they? This would be a perfect explanation as to how Sheik is aware of these events, and why she always appears to be one step ahead on other situations.

I'm sure Zelda, being the one with the triforce of wisdom, would have the intelligence to take advantage of her ability to send Link back in time. This would mean that she can also send herself back, just because we never see it or are told, does not mean it doesn't happen.

There's nothing in OOT that supports the idea that Zelda herself can go back in time.

No no no. There isn't any true time traveling in OoT. It's simply "fast forwarded" time. Think about it; Link was just sealed away in the Sacred Realm for seven years, presumably unconscious. He didn't simply fly forward in time. If he had done so, he would still be a child.

So I kind of doubt Sheik could just go forward in time like that. Link's was a special case, and I don't think Sheik would just be allowed to do that on a whim.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce

By this logic Zelda can fly, shoot marshmallows out her butt, and go Super Saiyan 4.

Link has the KEY to time travel: the Master Sword. I'm pretty sure it's the only way to go back and forth those 7 years, and Link is the only one conscious of the change because he's the only one holding the key. And I know Sheik is all ninja and stuff, but don't you think after the many times you actually enter the temple of time to use the Master Sword, you'd begin to notice the person hiding in the corner?

And yes, Zelda does apparently have the ability to send Link back in time, but in order to do so he must first lose the Master Sword. Also, if Zelda has the ability to go back that far in time, why doesn't she just use it on herself as Sheik, instead of sending Link, to go tell her child self that Ganon is truly evil? And if she can't go back in time to meet herself or whatever time travel paradox would occur, why not just send Impa?

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
The only real reason that Sheik did know all of this, I mean being honest of course, is because Sheik was really Zelda. The whole part about her knowing who all the sages were, well let's think about it. Zelda is basically the "kingpin" when we talk about the sages in OoT, meaning that she would obviously know who is who and where they are to be found.

As far as predicting about Ganondorf...well maybe we could just say that was the powers of the Triforce. Even back then, she still had her part of the Triforce I believe, so the Triforce could have very well been a factor in Zelda's "outrageous" prediction that Ganondorf was after the Triforce and to claim Hyrule for himself.

i have one problem with your theory...how can zelda have a peice of the triforce when it's still in the sacred realm?

I believe it will be linked to the fact that Zelda is the 7th Sage and that she probably has visions showing who each of the other 6 sages are and where they will be (Other than Rauru seeing as if I remember correctly you find him after getting the Master Sword).

Zelda also has had visions before when they were children, Seeing as she saw that event to do with Ganondorf and Impa (I think). She probably recieved these visions after Link had fallen into his slumber thing :lol:.

Then she just had to keep track of Link's progress.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I believe it will be linked to the fact that Zelda is the 7th Sage and that she probably has visions showing who each of the other 6 sages are and where they will be (Other than Rauru seeing as if I remember correctly you find him after getting the Master Sword).

Zelda also has had visions before when they were children, Seeing as she saw that event to do with Ganondorf and Impa (I think). She probably recieved these visions after Link had fallen into his slumber thing :lol:.

Then she just had to keep track of Link's progress.

DL0602 pretty much said what I was going to say. :P That's why I think Sheik (aka Zelda) knew where the sages were at.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles

Let me start by making it very clear that the only reason that Link can travel through time is because he wasn't of age when he originally pulled the Master Sword from its pedistal. Link's posession of the Triforce had very little to do with it. So why would Zelda/Sheik's posession of the Triforce make a difference?

As for her prediction of Link's destination, she had seven whole years spent with Impa where she would have learned the ways of the Sheikah as well as many of Hyrule's legends and secrets. I'm sure that somewhere in her studies she found out about the seven sages who sealed off the Sacred Realm and she would have learned all about the six temples, their locations, and even would have had the time to investigate who the sages might be. Another thing I want to throw out there is that it wouldn't have really mattered too much if the sages hadn't gone to the temples when they did. Link wasn't going in to find the sages, he was going in to get rid of the evil so that the sages could be awakened. Say that Ruto had gone into hiding after being freed, and Link saw her before her awakening, Link still would have had to go to the Water Temple so that she could be awakened.

I think I have adequately answerd the questions under debate unless someone can find some quotesor other good evidence that goes against my statements. If you do then I will be happy to shoot you down somehow.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
Clucluclu is pretty much correct except that the 'reason' Link is held in the Temple of Time is because it is the 'will' of the Master Sword...

and just as said before, Shiek is Zelda, whom bears the triforce of wisdom so she does know about the Sages and that they need to be "awakened" from the temples...

now as far as who the Sages are, i'm pretty sure Sheik didn't just look into the future because she didn't say anything about 'who' they are, just that they are there.

no one knew that the sages were going to be people that Link knew in the past... that is just another great part of the game... to think that for the sages to be "awakened", meant for these friends of Link, were worthy enough and were sacrificed to be "re-awakened" as Sages...

its just another part of the game that shows how important the role of Destiny is.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I don't think she can see the future, but can sense when Link has certain medallions. AFTER he got the light medallion, Shiek appeared and so forth with the other medallions. Also, remember when Link first met with Zelda? She asked him about the Kokiri's emerald and after she found out he had it, she knew he was the hero of time.

There might be potential evidence that Shiek can see the future though. The building under construction in the past for example that was in Kak. Maybe Zelda saw the future and told Impa to order workers in her village to build the new shooting gallery.

She might have sensed that Ganondorf's monsters would roam Castle Town and wanted a shooting gallery to be built in another area.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Sheik/Zelda, in my opinion, doesn't see the future.

When you take the master sword and talk to Rauru, he tells you the ancient sages built the Temple of Light (the place where Adult Link talks to Rauru).

So, we know the sages are:

- Saria
- Darunia
- Ruto
- Impa
- Nabooru
- Rauru
- Zelda

As Rauru said, the sages built the temple of time, meaning Zelda met the other sahges while building the Temple of Light.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Spoiler alert spoiler alert! The spoiler belongs to kokiri!

Actually, I think that they were already in the temples, but I am not sure. I am going to replay OoT to really find out.

Most of the Sages were in the area where the Temple was located but weren't originally in their respective temples but you know the basic story (they go into the temple to break the curse on it or something to that effect, Link comes along, and the new sage awakes).

However my vote goes to Shiek being able to see the future. Shiek knows her way around magic and is Zelda (who had a prophetic dream in the beginning). However Shiek might just be well informed (like Kaepora Gaebora and God I hope I spelled his name right) in the case of knowing that Link needs to go to the Temples, undo the curses, and awaken the new sages.

All in all I do believe that Shiek can see the future (because Shiek=Zelda and Zelda forecasted the things that Ganondorf would try to do in a dream).

Sheik/Zelda, in my opinion, doesn't see the future.

When you take the master sword and talk to Rauru, he tells you the ancient sages built the Temple of Light (the place where Adult Link talks to Rauru).

So, we know the sages are:

- Saria
- Darunia
- Ruto
- Impa
- Nabooru
- Rauru
- Zelda

As Rauru said, the sages built the temple of time, meaning Zelda met the other sahges while building the Temple of Light.

Well this is technically true but it was the ancient sages built the ToT (you even said so in your post). While Rauru is an ancient sage Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Impa, Nabooru, and Zelda are much to young to be the ancient sages.

Dvsag is correct, Lenora. Shiek can't travel through time like Link because you need the Master Sword and Link has the only one in existance. Shiek=Zelda however and Zelda has prophetic dreams so it's concievable that Zelda used her Triforce of Wisdom to harness those dreams to see the future whenever she wanted.

'But Kokiri if that's the case then why wouldn't she have seen Ganondorf trapping her?' you might say. Well there are two explainations for this. First and foremost she didn't bother (or didn't have enough power to) see that far ahead into the future. Second is that through seeing the future she is able to alter it and unexpected things might come of this or her visions might be completely avoided (like for instance she might've seen herself getting mauled by an octorok and avoided it).

Last edited:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Having prophetic dreams/visions is not the same as being able to foresee future events at whim. It simply means that Zelda's power was one where visions of the future would come to her in dreams. She didn't see everything, she just saw some things. Had she been able to see into the future, she'd have known that sending Link off to obtain the three Spiritual Stones was bad move.

As far as knowing where the sages that would awaken would be, she probably knew because she had more prophetic dreams, or maybe the fact that there is a temple in each location is enough to figure it out. It's also possible- if not probable- that it was knowledge passed down by past generations. There were ancient sages beforehand, and they probably were involved with the temples Link explores in OoT.

So does she actually see into the future? No. She simply has prophetic dreams. Vague, but important dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom