• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can RIM Be Revived?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I've seen some things about the BlackBerry Z10 and BB OS 10, and they all seem pretty cool, but RIM already kinda blew it for themselves in my opinion. This might pick them up a bit, but they'll never be what they once were.
With the 2007 release of iOS and the 2008 release of Android, BlackBerry slowly started its descension to its current place, and I don't think it'll ever fully recover. The BlackBerry has become irrelevant. Windows Phone (which is really bad) is only really selling because Microsoft is pushing so many ads down our throats. That's why the iPhone sells as well as it does, and why the Galaxy S3 almost outsold the iPhone 5.

So, to answer your question, I think RIM can be revived, but it would take a freaking ton of advertising, and honestly, I don't think they'll every be where they once were.

Well, it hasn't really been selling itself. If it proves to be productive it will be past windows phone but it's still pretty much our of the market. Just try to remember the last time you heard crackberry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom